The new privacy law is one of the strictest laws in the world. Please seek advice prior to engaging in any business where data of customer will be collected.
Over the next couple of weeks please check back to this blog. We will be updating the reader on:
- Basics of the new Korea data protection law;
- The Data Protection Commission;
- The Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committees;
- The Korea Communications Commission;
- The Korea Internet & Security Agency; also
- We will provide sample privacy and data collection statements.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.