Korea's Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission published in English and Korea a decent Handbook to the Graft Act. The Handbook to the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act of Korea may be found at: Handbook to Korea's Graft Act. It is worth a read.
Please check back to this blog. We shall be writing over the next couple of weeks articles on:
- Scope of Application of the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act of Korea
- Hypothetical Improper Solicitations in Korea under the Graft Act of Korea
- Hypothetical Acceptance of Financial or other Advantages under the Graft Act of Korea.
- Disciplinary Actions/Punishments under the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act of Korea.
- Overview of the Kim Young-ran Act.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is ranked, for Korea, as one of only two non-Korean lawyers as a Top Attorney by AsiaLaw. Sean is known for his proactive New York-style street-market advice and his aggressive and non-conflicted advocacy. Sean works with some of the leading retired judges, prosecutors and former government officials working in Korea.
Sean's profile may be found at: Sean C. Hayes