A Chong Wa Dae spokesman announced on Feb. 26, 2007 that the Constitutional Revision Bill will be delayed until late in March due to “technical problems.” The technical problems mentioned by the Blue House include difficulty in finding a solution to the possible occurrence of a vacancy in office. Many believe that the “technical problems” are simply a cover for the problem of lack of widespread support for the revision.
On Jan. 9, 2007 Roh suggested, among other changes, that the current five-year, single-term presidential system be replaced with a four-year renewable term.
- Constitutional Crisis in the Making in Korea
- Prostitution at the Korean Constitutional Court
- Korean Cryptocurrency Case Filed to the Korean Constitutional Court: Korean Bitcoin Updates
- Selection of Justices at the Constitutional Court Fundamentally Flawed?
- Constitutional Court of Korea Declares Korean Dictator’s Martial Law Decrees Unconstitutional
- Opposition to Justice Lee Dong-Hup to lead the Constitutional Court is Ridiculous Liberal Hogwash