Song DooHwan was choosen by President Roh on March 2, 2007 to replace retiring Constitutional Court Justice Choo Sun-Hoe. Justice Choo’s term expires at the end of March.
Mr. Song is the Representative Partner of Hankyul Law Firm. He graduated from SNU in 1971, the Judicial Research Institute in 1982, was a Judge from 1982 to 1990, Executive Director of the Korean Bar Association from 1996 to 1997, and Independent Counsel in the infamous Remittance of funds to North Korea case in 2003.
His expertise in law, according to his firms website, is with commercial transactions and civil litigation.
- Mr. Song Sings a Sobering Song of Freedom: “Emergency Situation” as a Defense to Drunk Driving Charge in Korea Upheld
- The Korean Law Blog Nominated for Best Law Blog Award
- Online Immigration Visit Reservation System to be Implemented in All Immigration Offices starting April 1, 2021
- Top Law Firms in Korea for English-Speaking Clients According to 10 Magazine
- Korean Commercial Liens versus Korean Civil Liens
- Are you a victim of a Scam in Korea? Filing a Civil and Criminal Complaint in Korea Against a Fraudster
- A Franchisor may be Unable to Prosecute a Franchisee for Embezzlement in Korea
- Korean Court Recognition and Enforcement of American, European & other Court Judgments in Korean Courts
- Korean Supreme Court Rules Contingency Fees for Criminal Cases Illegal
- Service of Process of Legal Documents in Korea explained by the Korean Supreme Court