Song DooHwan was choosen by President Roh on March 2, 2007 to replace retiring Constitutional Court Justice Choo Sun-Hoe. Justice Choo’s term expires at the end of March.
Mr. Song is the Representative Partner of Hankyul Law Firm. He graduated from SNU in 1971, the Judicial Research Institute in 1982, was a Judge from 1982 to 1990, Executive Director of the Korean Bar Association from 1996 to 1997, and Independent Counsel in the infamous Remittance of funds to North Korea case in 2003.
His expertise in law, according to his firms website, is with commercial transactions and civil litigation.
- Mr. Song Sings a Sobering Song of Freedom: “Emergency Situation” as a Defense to Drunk Driving Charge in Korea Upheld
- Should UPP be Banned in Korea? Korea Government Files to Court to deregister Pro-North Party
- Opposition to Justice Lee Dong-Hup to lead the Constitutional Court is Ridiculous Liberal Hogwash
- The Korean Law Blog Nominated for Best Law Blog Award
- Top 10 Law Firms in Seoul, Korea for English-Speaking Foreigners According to 10 Magazine
- Hague Child Abduction Convention Acceded to by South Korea