Song DooHwan was choosen by President Roh on March 2, 2007 to replace retiring Constitutional Court Justice Choo Sun-Hoe. Justice Choo’s term expires at the end of March.
Mr. Song is the Representative Partner of Hankyul Law Firm. He graduated from SNU in 1971, the Judicial Research Institute in 1982, was a Judge from 1982 to 1990, Executive Director of the Korean Bar Association from 1996 to 1997, and Independent Counsel in the infamous Remittance of funds to North Korea case in 2003.
His expertise in law, according to his firms website, is with commercial transactions and civil litigation.
- The Korean Law Blog Nominated for Best Law Blog Award
- Top 10 Law Firms in Seoul, Korea for English-Speaking Foreigners According to 10 Magazine
- Online Immigration Visit Reservation System to be Implemented in All Immigration Offices starting April 1, 2021
- Immigration updates for Foreigners In Korea: Expiration of Visas
- International Child Abduction in Korea: Removing a Child Back to the Country of Residence of the Custodial Parent via the Korean Courts Explained
- Safety Measures in Korean School Buses in Korea via the Amended Road Traffic Act of Korea
- South Korean Act on International Judicial Mutual Assistance in Civil Matters: Obtaining Evidence via Korean Courts and the Korean Government for use in Proceedings Abroad
- Korean Cryptocurrency Case Filed to the Korean Constitutional Court: Korean Bitcoin Updates
- Constitutional Court Upholds Cellphone Ban While Driving
- Korean Intestate Succession Law: Inheriting Property from your Korean-National Parents