Lesson III: Korean for Korean Law
I. Daily Words
A. Criminal Law: 형법, 형사법
B. Prosecutor: 검사
C. Judge: 판사
D. Indictment: 기소
E. Conviction: 유죄의 판결
F. Sentence: 판결, 선고
G. defendant: 피고
H. jail: 교도소
I. rape: 성폭행
J. murder: 살인
K. robbery: 강도죄
II. Daily Sentences
A. The prosecutor indicted the man for murder.
검사는 그 남자를 살인죄로 기소했다.
B. The judge convicted the defendant of rape.
판사는 피고를 성폭행 혐의로 유죄를 선고했다.
C. The defendant was sentenced to three years in jail.
피고는 징역 3년의 선고를 받았다.
- Korean Criminal Law: Double Jeopardy in Courts in Korea
- IPG’s Representative Clients & Matters
- Korean Journalism and the Comfort Woman Issue by Tom Coyner
- Korea Legal News for the Week of July 14, 2013
- Korea Legal News for the Week of September 8, 2013
- South Korean Act on International Judicial Mutual Assistance in Civil Matters: Obtaining Evidence via Korean Courts and the Korean Government for use in Proceedings Abroad
- Korean Law in English Online
- Definition of “Ordinary Wage” in Korea: Korean Employment & Labor Law Basics
- Corruption and the Sinking Korean Ship by Tom Coyner
- Korea’s Cyber Defamation Law: Basics of Libel and Slander in Korea