Lesson III: Korean for Korean Law
I. Daily Words
A. Criminal Law: 형법, 형사법
B. Prosecutor: 검사
C. Judge: 판사
D. Indictment: 기소
E. Conviction: 유죄의 판결
F. Sentence: 판결, 선고
G. defendant: 피고
H. jail: 교도소
I. rape: 성폭행
J. murder: 살인
K. robbery: 강도죄
II. Daily Sentences
A. The prosecutor indicted the man for murder.
검사는 그 남자를 살인죄로 기소했다.
B. The judge convicted the defendant of rape.
판사는 피고를 성폭행 혐의로 유죄를 선고했다.
C. The defendant was sentenced to three years in jail.
피고는 징역 3년의 선고를 받았다.
- Definition of Rape in Korea Elaborated on by the Korean Supreme Court: Criminal Law Basics
- English-Speaking Criminal Defense Team Lead by Retired Korean Presiding Judge
- Korean Criminal Law: Double Jeopardy in Courts in Korea
- Korean Pretrial Detention: Korean Criminal Law Basics
- Bail Granted in Korea for Alleged Violations of Korean Banking Laws
- Adultery in Korea: Suspended Sentences Under Korean Law