The largest question in this case is not the obvious, but the fact that the Court only sentenced the soldier to 4 years in jail.
Rape is only second to Murder and maybe attempted murder in seriousness. Rape affects the victim in the most proud way. This women’s life will be forever changed because of this situation. This realization should lead courts to sentence rapists to long jail sentences. 4 years in jail for rape is a travesty of justice. The normal sentence for rape is 3 years, but the Court supposedly sentenced the rapist to 4 years because of the severe trauma caused by the rape.
- Definition of Rape in Korea Elaborated on by the Korean Supreme Court: Criminal Law Basics
- South Korea moves to Remove Statute of Limitation on Murder
- The Law of Self-Defense in Korea: Criminal Law Basics in Korea
- Not Guilty Verdict for U.S. Government Employee with U.S. 8th Army: Announcement
- Captain of Korean Ferry Receives 36 Year Jail Sentence: Likely Life Sentence for Elderly Captain
- Mr. Song Sings a Sobering Song of Freedom: “Emergency Situation” as a Defense to Drunk Driving Charge in Korea Upheld
- Confession Prior to Arrest in Korea: Korean Sentencing Law Basics
- English-Speaking Criminal Defense Lawyers in Korea: Defense Lawyers to Hire and Not to Hire?
- Korea’s Criminal Procedure Act: Pre-Trial Detention in Korea
- English-Speaking Criminal Defense Team Lead by Retired Korean Presiding Judge