The first jury trial in Korea was held in Daegu yesterday.
The case concerned the aggravated battery and robbery of a woman in her 70s.
The first most alarming aspect of the case is that the defendant requested the trial on Jan 10 and the trial was held yesterday. Korea does have an efficient criminal justice system even in the case of their first jury trial.
I have spoken to a judge that is friends with the chief judge in the case and will update the reader on the specifics of the case in the next couple of days.
- Korea’s Criminal Procedure Act: Pre-Trial Detention in Korea
- Korea’s Supreme Court Ruled Drug Test Unreliable if Evidence of Guilt in a Criminal Trial in Korea is Based Solely on the Test
- Collecting a Debt in Korea: Payment Orders are your Friends
- Bail Granted in Korea for Alleged Violations of Korean Banking Laws
- Annulments Possible in Korea? Intention of the Marriage Potential Factor in Korean Court’s Annulment Decision
- Apple Sued in Korea for Battery Gate