The first jury trial in Korea was held in Daegu yesterday.
The case concerned the aggravated battery and robbery of a woman in her 70s.
The first most alarming aspect of the case is that the defendant requested the trial on Jan 10 and the trial was held yesterday. Korea does have an efficient criminal justice system even in the case of their first jury trial.
I have spoken to a judge that is friends with the chief judge in the case and will update the reader on the specifics of the case in the next couple of days.
- Korean Criminal Law: Double Jeopardy in Courts in Korea
- South Korean Act on International Judicial Mutual Assistance in Civil Matters: Obtaining Evidence via Korean Courts and the Korean Government for use in Proceedings Abroad
- EEOC Complaints in Korea at Yongsan Army Garrison, Camp Humpreys and Area I: EEO Korea Complaints
- Legal Hackers Korea First Meet Up Held in Seoul
- Definition of “Ordinary Wage” in Korea: Korean Employment & Labor Law Basics
- Doing Business in Korea: A blog and webroll
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & a Happy New Year from IPG
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from IPG
- Migrant Worker Labor Union Denied Registration in Korea
- Chinese are Coming: Huawei Phones in Korea?