Microsoft lost a case to a Korean professor of the Korean Aerospace University. Microsoft was held to have violated part of a patent held by Professor Lee Keung-hae.
The patent Prof. Lee prevailed on was for a program that automatically switches characters from Korean to English in Microsoft Word. I despise this function in Word, since because of my poor typing skills I often miss type and the program often switches from Korean to English or English to Korean.
The damages in the case have not yet been announced.
- Nonghyup Sues Korea Fair Trade Commission at Seoul High Court
- Dow Chemical & Monsanto Prevail at Seoul High Court Against Korean Vietnam War Veterans
- English-language Patent Filing System in Korea Approved by Supreme Court
- Korean IP Infringement Jurisdiction Centralized at Five Korean District Courts and the Patent Court of Korea: Korean Intellectual Property Case Updates
- Transfer of Employee in Korea to Lower Position in Company May not be Wrongful Termination: Seoul High Court Precedence
- Establishment of the Korea Law Center at Berkeley Law