The ASEAN Charter can be found online at: http://www.aseansec.org/ASEAN-Charter.pdf
The charter has been ratified by all 10 ASEAN member states (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
The ASEAN Charter is an interesting step for Southeast Asia. It is interesitng to note that the decision making functions will be decided only through consensus. If consensus is not reached the decision may be made at the ASEAN Summit. The Summit is to be held twice per year and will include the heads of the 10 ASEAN member states.
The ASEAN Charter, facially, is intended to be a step to the creation on a single market by 2015.
I will be writing a law review article on this charter. The article will be published in the Spring. I will post it HERE after publication.
- South Korea and Vietnam Negotiate FTA: Korea’s Nuclear Exports
- Korean Law in English Online
- EEOC Complaints in Korea at Yongsan Army Garrison, Camp Humpreys and Area I: EEO Korea Complaints
- Korea Legal News for the Week of June 30, 2013
- Korean Criminal Law: Double Jeopardy in Courts in Korea
- Legal Hackers Korea First Meet Up Held in Seoul
- Korean vs. Japanese vs. Chinese Management Styles Explained
- Korean Legal News for the Week of November 03, 2013
- Korea’s Cyber Defamation Law: Basics of Libel and Slander in Korea
- Korean Legal News for the Week of October 27, 2013