The ASEAN Charter can be found online at: http://www.aseansec.org/ASEAN-Charter.pdf
The charter has been ratified by all 10 ASEAN member states (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
The ASEAN Charter is an interesting step for Southeast Asia. It is interesitng to note that the decision making functions will be decided only through consensus. If consensus is not reached the decision may be made at the ASEAN Summit. The Summit is to be held twice per year and will include the heads of the 10 ASEAN member states.
The ASEAN Charter, facially, is intended to be a step to the creation on a single market by 2015.
I will be writing a law review article on this charter. The article will be published in the Spring. I will post it HERE after publication.
- Korean Law in English Online
- Constitutional Court of Korea Declares Internet Real-Name Online Identification System Unconstitutional
- South Korea and Vietnam Negotiate FTA: Korea’s Nuclear Exports
- EEOC Complaints in Korea at Yongsan Army Garrison, Camp Humpreys and Area I: EEO Korea Complaints
- Enforcement Decrees are Becoming more Common in South Korea
- Rights of “Non-Registered” Shareholders in Korea