The ASEAN Charter can be found online at: http://www.aseansec.org/ASEAN-Charter.pdf
The charter has been ratified by all 10 ASEAN member states (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
The ASEAN Charter is an interesting step for Southeast Asia. It is interesitng to note that the decision making functions will be decided only through consensus. If consensus is not reached the decision may be made at the ASEAN Summit. The Summit is to be held twice per year and will include the heads of the 10 ASEAN member states.
The ASEAN Charter, facially, is intended to be a step to the creation on a single market by 2015.
I will be writing a law review article on this charter. The article will be published in the Spring. I will post it HERE after publication.
- Filing a Petition to a Korean Ministry of Employment & Labor’s Labor Office in South Korea
- Korean Free Trade Agreements: Korean FTA Chart
- Overview of North Korean Legal System & Law Online
- Online Immigration Visit Reservation System to be Implemented in All Immigration Offices starting April 1, 2021
- EEOC Complaints in Korea at Yongsan Army Garrison, Camp Humpreys and Area I: EEO Korea Complaints
- Korean Law in English Online
- Rights of “Non-Registered” Shareholders in Korea
- Dow Chemical & Monsanto Prevail at Seoul High Court Against Korean Vietnam War Veterans
- Licensee has Standing to Challenge the Validity of a Patent in Korea. Korean Licensing & Royalty Law Updates
- Korean Child Abduction Law Explained