In an update to an article that I wrote for the Korea Times on 11/20/2008 the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) has accepted a patent infringement case against Samsung. Spansion claims the alleged infriging technology accounted for over U.S. $30 billion worth of profits for Samsung.
This is one of the largest patent infringement cases in U.S. history. If the past is any sign of the future, Samsung will settle this case prior to the finding by the ITC.
- Verdict in latest Samsung/Apple Courtroom Battle
- Apple Infringed Samsung Patents According to U.S. ITC: Standard Essential Patents
- The Death of Samsung by Tom Coyner
- Samsung’s Shareholdings Explained by Wall Street Journal
- Is Samsung Doomed? No Innovation Price Trap
- Licensee has Standing to Challenge the Validity of a Patent in Korea. Korean Licensing & Royalty Law Updates
- One Korean Company in 2013 BrandZ Top 100: Samsung
- Filing for a Patent in Korea: Basics of Korean Patent Law
- Amendment to Korea’s Intellectual Property Registration System: Korea IP Law Updates
- “Samsung’s First Family Struggles to Keep Grip on Company” Report by Bloomberg