In an update to an article that I wrote for the Korea Times on 11/20/2008 the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) has accepted a patent infringement case against Samsung. Spansion claims the alleged infriging technology accounted for over U.S. $30 billion worth of profits for Samsung.
This is one of the largest patent infringement cases in U.S. history. If the past is any sign of the future, Samsung will settle this case prior to the finding by the ITC.
- Verdict in latest Samsung/Apple Courtroom Battle
- Samsung’s Shareholdings Explained by Wall Street Journal
- The Death of Samsung by Tom Coyner
- Is Samsung Doomed? No Innovation Price Trap
- Licensee has Standing to Challenge the Validity of a Patent in Korea. Korean Licensing & Royalty Law Updates
- Korean IP Infringement Jurisdiction Centralized at Five Korean District Courts and the Patent Court of Korea: Korean Intellectual Property Case Updates
- “Samsung’s First Family Struggles to Keep Grip on Company” Report by Bloomberg
- Filing for a Patent in Korea: Basics of Korean Patent Law
- Samsung Faces Challenges as It Tries to Win Smartphone Wars
- Korea’s Intellectual Property Registration System Revisions: Korea IP Law Updates