The Wall Street Journal website has a good graphic page that provides a decent snapshot of Korea.
Some of the statistics may be a little surprising.
The page notes that GDP per capita is less than the OECD average of USD 33,000.00; that Koreans work the most hours in the OECD; the largest trade partner is China; the number one vegetable grown by quantity is pepper; and the number one tourist destination is a Daecheon Beach (Mud Festival).
- South Korea’s Nude Beach in Gangwon Province to Open
- South Korea’s Gambling Law
- Korea inks FTA with China
- South Korea Begins 7th Round of Negotiations with China on Free Trade Agreement
- Starting a Manufacturing Business in South Korea: Top 14 Things to Know Before you Start a Business in Korea
- Capturing Chinese Tourist Money in Korea: Retail Opportunities in Korea
- Part-time Worker Annual Paid Leave Obligations under the Korean Labor Standards Act
- Tax Incentives May Decrease for Foreign Companies doing Business in Korea: Tax Law Updates
- Korean Visa Rules Still not Strict Enough for Some in the Korean Government
- Korean Administrative Court Stands Up for the Right to Assemble: Korea Queer Culture Festival