The Korean Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the merger of Ebay Auction with Gmarket. The companies combined, based on last years numbers, will control more than 72% of the domestic online shopping market.
The remainder of the market is split, primarily by 11 Street (SK Telecom unit) and Interpark.
Ebay purchased Gmarket in 2009 for nearly USD 1.3 billion and was planning this merger, since the purchase.
- Korean Merger Control and the Korean FTC
- Merger/Acquisition Opportunities in Korea: Lotte Korea Buys KT Car Rental from KT Corp.
- English-speaking Korean lawyers and International Lawyers at International Law Firm in Korea discussing issues of Korean Law
- Samsung’s Win Against Elliott is Korea’s Loss According to Bloomberg
- Statutory Severance Obligations in Korea after Acquisition of Company in Korea
- Korea’s Free Trade Agreement with Canada: Will it Pass?
- Korean M & A Due Diligence Checklist: Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence in Korea
- So you want to do business in Korea? Listen to my Mother. Korean Joint Venture/Partnership Basics
- Korea’s U-Turn Program: Enticing Korean Companies to Return to Korea – Will it work?
- Expiration Versus Termination of a Distribution Agreement in Korea: Korean Distributor Basics