The Korean Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the merger of Ebay Auction with Gmarket. The companies combined, based on last years numbers, will control more than 72% of the domestic online shopping market.
The remainder of the market is split, primarily by 11 Street (SK Telecom unit) and Interpark.
Ebay purchased Gmarket in 2009 for nearly USD 1.3 billion and was planning this merger, since the purchase.
- Korea Merger Remedies by Korea Fair Trade Commission
- Philips Fined by Korea Fair Trade Commission for Price Fixing
- Korean Merger Control and the Korean FTC
- Korea Fair Trade Commission To Investigate European Car Makers
- Merger/Acquisition Opportunities in Korea: Lotte Korea Buys KT Car Rental from KT Corp.
- Fines by the Korea Fair Trade Commission Increases for Abuse of Market Position and Unfair Trade Practices in Korea
- Korea Fair Trade Commission to Investigate Korean Chaebols
- Retail Business in Korea by Tom Coyner
- Capturing Chinese Tourist Money in Korea: Retail Opportunities in Korea
- Abuse of Superior Bargaining Power Notification by the Korea Fair Trade Commission: Distributor Risks in Korea