The Korean Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the merger of Ebay Auction with Gmarket. The companies combined, based on last years numbers, will control more than 72% of the domestic online shopping market.
The remainder of the market is split, primarily by 11 Street (SK Telecom unit) and Interpark.
Ebay purchased Gmarket in 2009 for nearly USD 1.3 billion and was planning this merger, since the purchase.
- Korea Merger Remedies by Korea Fair Trade Commission
- Korean Merger Control and the Korean FTC
- Merger/Acquisition Opportunities in Korea: Lotte Korea Buys KT Car Rental from KT Corp.
- Fines by the Korea Fair Trade Commission Increases for Abuse of Market Position and Unfair Trade Practices in Korea
- Ministry of National Defense Abolishes Entertainment Soldiers
- How Foreign Importers Entering Korea May Prosper from the Korean Middle Class in Korea being Screwed by Inflation: Screwflation
- Korea Leading the World in Aggressive Regulation of Game Use by Children
- Game Regulations being Enforced to Korean Children
- Tax Qualified Mergers in Korea: Amended 80% Rule for Triangle Mergers
- English-speaking Korean lawyers and International Lawyers at International Law Firm in Korea discussing issues of Korean Law