The Korean Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the merger of Ebay Auction with Gmarket. The companies combined, based on last years numbers, will control more than 72% of the domestic online shopping market.
The remainder of the market is split, primarily by 11 Street (SK Telecom unit) and Interpark.
Ebay purchased Gmarket in 2009 for nearly USD 1.3 billion and was planning this merger, since the purchase.
- Korean Merger Control and the Korean FTC
- Merger/Acquisition Opportunities in Korea: Lotte Korea Buys KT Car Rental from KT Corp.
- Ministry of National Defense Abolishes Entertainment Soldiers
- Game Regulations being Enforced to Korean Children
- English-speaking Korean lawyers and International Lawyers at International Law Firm in Korea discussing issues of Korean Law
- Business Opportunities in Korea for Entertainment Companies
- Samsung’s Win Against Elliott is Korea’s Loss According to Bloomberg
- Statutory Severance Obligations in Korea after Acquisition of Company in Korea
- Korea’s Free Trade Agreement with Canada: Will it Pass?
- Korean M & A Due Diligence Checklist: Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence in Korea