The executive branch, in Korea, has been aggressively pursuing FTAs, but the liberal parties and pro-farmer parties have been doing everything in their power to undermine the agreements and negotiations these agreements. Nearly universally, Korean citizens believe that lowered tariffs will bring benefits to consumers and the nation’s economy as a whole. Few, non-Marxist economics don’t believe in the benefits of Free Trade.
So where is the people’s love? As in the words of the Black Eyed Peas: Father, Father, Father help us send some guidance from above “Cause people got me, got me questionin.” Where is the love (Love).
If Korean citizens wish to get these FTAs passed they need to engage in protests, public internet campaigns and vigorously engage there politicians. The radical liberals in Korea are great at this, but the mainstream is apathetic at best. If Koreans want the benefits of FTA – “Show Your Love All.”
FTAs in effect
Concluded FTAs (Not signed into law. No legislative votes)
FTAs under negotiation
FTAs under consideration
- Korea Legal News for the Week of June 23, 2013
- Korea-China to Expedite Free Trade Talks
- Korea Legal News for the Week of April 14
- Korea Legal News for the Week of June 30, 2013
- So you Want to Hire a Korean Independent Contractor?
- Korea Legal News for the Week of October 6, 2013
- Is Samsung Doomed? No Innovation Price Trap
- Is Korea a Mature Democracy? Why Does it Matter?
- Happy Chuseok 2018 from IPG
- Part-time Worker Annual Paid Leave Obligations under the Korean Labor Standards Act