The executive branch, in Korea, has been aggressively pursuing FTAs, but the liberal parties and pro-farmer parties have been doing everything in their power to undermine the agreements and negotiations these agreements. Nearly universally, Korean citizens believe that lowered tariffs will bring benefits to consumers and the nation’s economy as a whole. Few, non-Marxist economics don’t believe in the benefits of Free Trade.
So where is the people’s love? As in the words of the Black Eyed Peas: Father, Father, Father help us send some guidance from above “Cause people got me, got me questionin.” Where is the love (Love).
If Korean citizens wish to get these FTAs passed they need to engage in protests, public internet campaigns and vigorously engage there politicians. The radical liberals in Korea are great at this, but the mainstream is apathetic at best. If Koreans want the benefits of FTA – “Show Your Love All.”
FTAs in effect
Concluded FTAs (Not signed into law. No legislative votes)
FTAs under negotiation
FTAs under consideration
- Korean Free Trade Agreements In Effect, Under Negotiation and In Consideration by the Korean Government
- Korea Assisting Mongolian Peace Keeping Efforts with Korean Military Equipment
- What is a Social Security Totalization Agreement?
- Dispute Resolution Clauses in Franchise, Joint Venture, Partnership Agreements in Korea
- Korean Unions Turning Violent Again: Solution is Jail
- Enforcement of Covenants Not to Compete in Employment Agreements in Korea: Restrictive Covenants in Korea
- Korea Legal News for the Week of June 23, 2013
- Korean Arbitration Basics: Links to Relevant Resources in Korea.
- Jurisdiction and Choice of Law Issues in Agency Agreements
- Obtaining Child Support in Korea from a Deadbeat Father (or Mother)