Tom Coyner is a friend and colleague from my Firm that, hands-down, has the best book on Korean Business.
If you don’t have it – you should have it. If you read it, you should give it to a friend, or better for Tom, buy one for a friend.
The following is from the Product Description from Amazon:
“Underscored with a deep and nuanced understanding of modern Korean culture, this is a ‘must read’ for any foreigner in Korea.” — Robert Fallon, Former Chairman of the Board of Korea Exchange Bank
“Examples and practical advice—it’s all here! This book will save you years on the learning curve.” — Jack Lewis, Associate Dean of the Marshall School of Business at USC
Doing Business in Korea is a timely handbook of information for succeeding in the challenging environment of Korea, the world’s 13th largest economy. Now with updated content, the book divulges in engaging prose all the ins and outs of contemporary Korean business culture. From business etiquette and protocol to tips for marketing to Korean consumers, international business consultant Thomas L. Coyner details everything you’ll need to know to not just survive, but thrive in the Land of the Morning Calm. Through this book, one will gain pivotal insight into an environment that is traditional yet uncompromisingly modern, challenging yet surprisingly rewarding for the determined business professional.
- Doing Business in Korea: A blog and webroll
- Korean Journalism and the Comfort Woman Issue by Tom Coyner
- The Fog of Korea Politics & History by Tom Coyner
- Corruption and the Sinking Korean Ship by Tom Coyner
- Is Korea Heading into a Recession? A Winnowing out Process by Tom Coyner
- The Business of Politics in Korea: Understanding the Radical Left in Korea by Tom Coyner
- The Sinking of a Ship in Korea Leads to Soul Searching by Tom Coyner
- Merit System Protection Board Appeal Lawyers in Korea
- Finding a Korean Lawyer/Law Firm for your Business in Korea
- The Death of Samsung by Tom Coyner