The Korean ruling Grand National Party (GNP) reaffirmed, this past Tuesday, that the party will present the United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement to the floor of the National Assembly within this month if the U.S. Congress passes the agreement.
Floor leader Rep. Hwang Woo-yea was quoted by the Korea Times as saying that: “If the U.S. Congress endorses the accord, we should follow suit around that time.”
Other articles that may be of interest:
- The KORUS FTA will Pass: Don’t Hold Your Breath
- America Needs the Korea-U.S. FTA
- Korea-U.S. FTA Update: Get this Thing Passed Guys
- Saenuri Party Maintains Control of Korean National Assembly. Philippine-born has been elected to the National Assembly
- Korean Election Night Update (April 12, 2012 – 1AM)
- Why are American Cars not Popular in Korea?: Decrease in Duties from FTA has not Helped Market Share
- Korea Expands Definition of Discriminatory Treatment for Non-Regular Workers: Employment & Labor Law Update
- Being An Expat Dad in Korea: Yes – Not a Law Article Today
- Mandatory Retirement Age of 60 may be Mandatory for Most Companies in Korea
- Korea National Intelligence Service Caught Spying in Australia: Scooby Doo Where are You?
- South Korea and Vietnam Negotiate FTA: Korea’s Nuclear Exports
- Korea’s National Trade Commission Awards Damages to Local Company for Damages from Korea-EU FTA
- Korea International Trade Orgaizations Chair calls for FTA with China