In June of 2011, the Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) has begun to enforce Notification of the Standards on Imposing Penalties on Companies that Act on Fair Labeling and Advertising. The KFTC is very aggressive in enforcing law. We suspect to see a few public cases this year concerning mislabeled foreign products
- The Act was violated on two or more occasions in a three year period; or
- Serious harm is realized by customers; or
- Seller engages in prohibited acts that are intentional or are a clear violation of law (typical vague catchall language).
We have run into a few companies over the years that were exporting products from a particular country, but the country of origin of the product was actually a third country. Check your labeling an insure that your labels reflect the proper quantity, quality, ingredients and country of origin.
- Fines by the Korea Fair Trade Commission Increases for Abuse of Market Position and Unfair Trade Practices in Korea
- Civil Liability of Companies for Actions of Employees Off the Company Property and After Work Hours
- Korea Merger Remedies by Korea Fair Trade Commission
- Korean FTC Criminal Referral Guidelines: Monopoly & Franchise Korean Law Updates
- Digital Forensic Reviews at the Korean Fair Trade Commission
- Antitrust/Competition Consent Orders in Korea
- Nonghyup Sues Korea Fair Trade Commission at Seoul High Court
- Korean Distributor Sales Territory or Customer Restrictions in Korea: Korean Distributor law Agreements in Korea
- Philips Fined by Korea Fair Trade Commission for Price Fixing
- Korea Fair Trade Commission To Investigate European Car Makers