Great News. The Korea-United States Free Trade Agreement (KOR-US FTA) passed the Korean National Assembly today. The Agreement, previously, was passed by the U.S. Congress.
The Agreement will be implemented on January 1, 2012.
I will write more on the specifics of the Agreement over the next few weeks.
- Barriers to Trade in the Korean Franchising Industry
- 12 New Items Prohibited from Export from Korea by Overflow of Core National Technology Law of Korea
- USA Today cites The Korean Law Blog and IPG Attorney Sean Hayes on Casino Gambling Law
- Is the Korean Market Open to Foreign Businesses by Tom Coyner
- Starting a Business in South Korea: Top Posts from the Korean Law Blog
- Sales of Imported Cars Increase in Korea: American Cars Still Not Popular in Korea
- Starting a Manufacturing Business in South Korea: Top 14 Things to Know Before you Start a Business in Korea
- Negotiating a Joint Venture Agreement in Korea: Shareholder Agreements in Korea
- Distribution Agreement in Korea: Factors to Always Keep in Mind
- Tax Liability of Controlling Shareholders in a Korean Company: Tax Law Updates