Great News. The Korea-United States Free Trade Agreement (KOR-US FTA) passed the Korean National Assembly today. The Agreement, previously, was passed by the U.S. Congress.
The Agreement will be implemented on January 1, 2012.
I will write more on the specifics of the Agreement over the next few weeks.
- Saenuri Party Maintains Control of Korean National Assembly. Philippine-born has been elected to the National Assembly
- National Assembly of Korea Hopeless Gridlock Explained
- Korea’s National Trade Commission Awards Damages to Local Company for Damages from Korea-EU FTA
- Korea inks FTA with China
- KORUS FTA: Impacts on Trade & Investment for Korea and the States (Guest Post by NerdWallet Journalist)
- Korea’s Temporary Investment Tax Credit Expired at End of 2011: R&D, Investment & FDI Credits Still Available