The most complete site for access to Korean statutes in the English language is the Korean Legislative Research Institute. The Korean Legislative Research Institute is a government-funded research institute.
KLRI, previously, charged for access to the database. In order to obtain free access to the database, please read and follow the directions of the KLRI’s Press Release below.
PRESS RELEASE FROM KLRI
We would like to notify you that the Korea Legislation Research Institute will provide free online services on the English Acts and subordinate statutes of the Republic of Korea from April 1, 2010, aiming to raise understanding of the nation’s Acts and subordinate statutes and result in an increase in the total amount of foreign investment in Korean businesses.
The details are provided as follows:
1. Provision of extended services : Extended services will be provided as follows: from approximately 800 statutes of the Republic of Korea to approximately 1,000 statutes of the Republic of Korea
2. Service charge : Annual paid memberships are converted to free memberships.
3. How to use service :
– After logging on to www.klri.re.kr, go to the menu of “Search for Statutes of the Republic of Korea.” After you create your profile and become a member, you can easily enjoy the services.
* It is unnecessary that all existing members sign up again.
4. Copyright of English Acts and Subordinate Statutes of the Republic of Korea :
– The Korea Legislation Research Institute owns the copyright of the English Acts and subordinate statutes of the Republic of Korea, and the existing terms and conditions regarding the use of the copyright apply.
5. Refund for existing paid memberships :
Members who have already paid us excess fee for this period after April 1, 2010 will be given a refund according to a separate procedure. Please feel free to contact us for dealing with a fund individually.
6. Contact details:
Hyun-Gyoung Kim, Planning and Coordination Office, KOREA LEGISLATION RESEARCH INSTITUTE
TEL : +82-2-3498-8763
EMAIL : email@example.com
- Korean Law in English Online
- Overview of North Korean Legal System & Law Online
- English-Speaking Arbitration Attorneys in Korea
- Top 10 Law Firms in Seoul, Korea for English-Speaking Foreigners According to 10 Magazine
- English-Speaking Business Lawyers in Seoul, Korea: Corporate Law & Compliance Team at IPG Legal
- English-Speaking Korean Labor & Employment Lawyers in Korea