The Korean government passed a law to decrease the corporate tax rate in Korea, however, the government has backpedaled and has increased the corporate tax rate for companies with earnings over KRW 20bil through a recent amendment to the Korean corporate tax law. We receive many requests from clients to compare the corporate taxes, general investment environment, and benefits in doing business in free trade zones in Asian countries in order to determine the most feasible location for a regional headquarters. Increasingly, Korea is becoming less competitive in these type comparisons in most areas that concern multinational companies.
TAX BRACKETS TAX RATE
Under KRW 200mil 11%
KRW 200 mil to 20bil 22%
Over KRW 20 bil 24.2%
Recent posts on Korean Tax Law:
- Korea Tax Tribunal on the Adjustment of Value of Imported Goods and Transfer Pricing
- Tax Qualified Mergers in Korea
- Korean Individual Income Tax Rates: Incomes Taxes Rates on the Rise in Korea
- Korean Corporate Tax Rates: Corporate Taxes to Rise in Korea
- Korea Islamic Bond Tax Bill is Doomed because of Fundamentalist Christians
- Tax Exempt Foreign-Denominated Bonds in Korea Coming to an End for Holders with Offices in Korea
IPG will be updating the readers of The Korean Law Blog, The Asian Law Blog and The China Law & Business Blog on updates to China, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Korea the Philippines, Vietnam tax law over the next couple of weeks on IPG’s blogs.
- Korean Tax Laws on Entertainment Companies in Korea: Overseas Tax Deductions
- Korean Corporate Tax Law Amendments for FY 2021
- English-Speaking Business Lawyers in Seoul, Korea: Corporate Law & Compliance Team at IPG Legal
- Doing Business in Korea: A blog and webroll
- Establishing a Company in Korea: New Korean Corporate Forms Available under Revised Korean Code
- Special 20% Consumption Tax for Designer Bags Bought in Korea Suspended until 2014
- Tax Breaks for Korean Landlords: Real Estate Taxation Basics
- The Korean Tax Law Reform Proposal of 2022
- Leading Commercial Arbitration Law Firm in Korea
- The Korean Law Blog Nominated for Best Law Blog Award
You must log in to post a comment.