Our Australian clients have noted that they hope that Australia and Korea can complete an FTA soon, since they are now at a stark disadvantage to lower cost and now lower tariff American products.
Australia has been benefited greatly by the Mad Cow Farce and it aggressive advertising in Asian markets, including Korea. Korea is, now, Australia’s third-largest importing country of beef and a major importer of dairy, agricultural and wine products. Many of the beef cuts exported to Korea are high-margin cuts with low value in the West and in the Pacific, because of Korea’s unique valuation of cuts.
The implementation of the KOR-US FTA has led to the reduction in the 40% tariff on beef by 2.5%. The tariff will be further reduced over the next five years.
What do you think – will Australia pen a FTA with Korea?
- Korea Needs a Rugby Team: Sports as a Driving Force for Economic Growth in Advanced Economies like Korea by Daniel Gardner
- Global Innovation Index: Korea Scores 14th in World
- South Korea Puts Near-Total Ban on Japanese Fish Imports Opening Opportunities for other Nation Exporters
- U.S. Imposes Steel Tariff on Korean Imports
- Agricultural Business Opportunities in Korea: USD 2 Billion Fund to be Established
- Korea National Intelligence Service Caught Spying in Australia: Scooby Doo Where are You?
- South Koreans Ask U.S. to Reconsider Timing of Military Handoff by Tom Coyner
- Happy Lunar New Year from IPG Legal!
- Is Korea Heading into a Recession? A Winnowing out Process by Tom Coyner
- Selling in South Korea: For your Sales & Marketing in Korea – Distributor Needed? by Tom Coyner