Our Australian clients have noted that they hope that Australia and Korea can complete an FTA soon, since they are now at a stark disadvantage to lower cost and now lower tariff American products.
Australia has been benefited greatly by the Mad Cow Farce and it aggressive advertising in Asian markets, including Korea. Korea is, now, Australia’s third-largest importing country of beef and a major importer of dairy, agricultural and wine products. Many of the beef cuts exported to Korea are high-margin cuts with low value in the West and in the Pacific, because of Korea’s unique valuation of cuts.
The implementation of the KOR-US FTA has led to the reduction in the 40% tariff on beef by 2.5%. The tariff will be further reduced over the next five years.
What do you think – will Australia pen a FTA with Korea?
- Price Fixing in Korea: Will FTA’s Lower Consumer Prices in Korea?
- Korea Needs a Rugby Team: Sports as a Driving Force for Economic Growth in Advanced Economies like Korea by Daniel Gardner
- How post-FTA Wholesale and Retail Markets Work in Korea
- Positive Effects of Korea-EU FTA on Korean Car Brands? No Says Korean Car Lobby
- Global Innovation Index: Korea Scores 14th in World
- Korea-US FTA to be Effective as Of March 15, 2012
- South Korea Puts Near-Total Ban on Japanese Fish Imports Opening Opportunities for other Nation Exporters
- U.S. Imposes Steel Tariff on Korean Imports
- Agricultural Business Opportunities in Korea: USD 2 Billion Fund to be Established
- Korea National Intelligence Service Caught Spying in Australia: Scooby Doo Where are You?