Korean vernaculars have reported that Canada and Korea will resume free trade talks. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Korean President Myung-bak LEE reached an agreement during a private meeting during the G-20 meetings in Los Cabos, Mexico.
Canada called off negotiations with Korea, because of the ban by Korea on the import of Canadian beef. The ban has recently been lifted. Trade between Canada and Korea amounted to nearly USD 12 billion last years.
Sean Hayes, IPG’s Co-Chair of the Korea Practice Team, may be contacted at: [email protected]
- Korea Legal News for the Week of May 19
- New Korean Ministry of Future, Creation and Science
- South Korea Puts Near-Total Ban on Japanese Fish Imports Opening Opportunities for other Nation Exporters
- Sean Hayes Invited to Chair Panel for Horasis Foundation
- Weekly Korean Legal News from International Law Firm – IPG Legal
- Gangnam Pub & Restaurant, “The Alibi,” to Host Free Legal Consultations
- Tax Incentives May Decrease for Foreign Companies doing Business in Korea: Tax Law Updates
- South Korea and Vietnam Negotiate FTA: Korea’s Nuclear Exports
- Korea Legal News for the Week of July 21, 2013
- Korea Legal News for the Week of September 22, 2013