Korean vernaculars have reported that Canada and Korea will resume free trade talks. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Korean President Myung-bak LEE reached an agreement during a private meeting during the G-20 meetings in Los Cabos, Mexico.
Canada called off negotiations with Korea, because of the ban by Korea on the import of Canadian beef. The ban has recently been lifted. Trade between Canada and Korea amounted to nearly USD 12 billion last years.
Sean Hayes, IPG’s Co-Chair of the Korea Practice Team, may be contacted at: [email protected]
- Korea-China to Expedite Free Trade Talks
- Korea International Trade Orgaizations Chair calls for FTA with China
- Korea’s National Trade Commission Awards Damages to Local Company for Damages from Korea-EU FTA
- Embezzelment, Tax Evasion and Bribery easier in Korea?
- New Korean Ministry of Future, Creation and Science
- Korea Legal News for the Week of May 19
- Sean Hayes Invited to Chair Panel for Horasis Foundation
- South Korea Puts Near-Total Ban on Japanese Fish Imports Opening Opportunities for other Nation Exporters
- Weekly Korean Legal News from International Law Firm – IPG Legal
- Gangnam Pub & Restaurant, “The Alibi,” to Host Free Legal Consultations