Good news for Korea and Myanmar. Myanmar is anticipated to be a major investment destination for Korean companies. Korean Air, realizing this trend, has launched the first non-stop flight from Korean to Yangon, Myanmar. The flight will commence in early September of this year. The flight time will, thus, be reduced from 10 hours to 6 hours.
If the flight is well subscribed, expect Asiana Air to quickly follow suit.
Sean Hayes, IPG’s Co-Chair of the Korea Practice Team, may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com. IPG is engaged in projects for Korean and international clients in Myanmar and much of Southeast and East Asia.
- Ban Lifted on Myanmar by United States
- Korean Intellectual Property Theft Enforcement/Monitoring Program by IPG Legal is now Flat-Fee Billed
- Why are American Cars not Popular in Korea?: Decrease in Duties from FTA has not Helped Market Share
- Protecting Brands in Korea Getting Easier?
- Enforcement of Covenants Not to Compete in Employment Agreements in Korea: Restrictive Covenants in Korea
- Mr. Song Sings a Sobering Song of Freedom: “Emergency Situation” as a Defense to Drunk Driving Charge in Korea Upheld