Hana Financial has announced that it will purchase 71% of Broadway National Bank’s holding company. Broadway National Bank is a New York-based bank that tailors its services to Korean clients.
Hana Financial is one of Korea’s largest retail and investment banks. The main purpose of the acquisition is to expand Hana’s retail operations to the U.S. market.
Sean Hayes, IPG’s Co-Chair of the Korea Practice Team, may be contacted at: [email protected]
- Korean Currency Control Laws Revised: Korea Won – Yuan
- Korean Act on Special Cases Concerning the Establishment and Operation of Internet Banks
- New Provisions regarding the Korean Act on Reporting and Using Specified Financial Transaction Information
- Korea’s Real Name Transaction Act Strengthened: Korea’s Banking Law Basics
- Merger/Acquisition Opportunities in Korea: Lotte Korea Buys KT Car Rental from KT Corp.
- Restructuring of Korean SMEs a Potential Lucrative Business in Korea
- Hanwha Korea Loses Battle in New York Court over Forum Non Conveniens Issue
- Enforceability of Korean Executed Holographic/Handwritten Wills in Korea
- Debt Collection Cases in Korea on the Rise: Buyers and Sellers Beware
- Korea New Exchange (KONEX) Basics