Hana Financial has announced that it will purchase 71% of Broadway National Bank’s holding company. Broadway National Bank is a New York-based bank that tailors its services to Korean clients.
Hana Financial is one of Korea’s largest retail and investment banks. The main purpose of the acquisition is to expand Hana’s retail operations to the U.S. market.
Sean Hayes, IPG’s Co-Chair of the Korea Practice Team, may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com
- Korea’s Woori Bank Lawsuit against Merrill/Bank of America Dismissed
- Mergers & Acquisition Arbitration Matters under Korean Law at the KCAB
- Korean Currency Control Laws Revised: Korea Won – Yuan
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA) in Korea
- The Korean Corporate Restructuring Promotion Act of 2018: Korean Insolvency Law Updates
- Korean Act on Special Cases Concerning the Establishment and Operation of Internet Banks
- Special 20% Consumption Tax for Designer Bags Bought in Korea Suspended until 2014
- New Provisions regarding the Korean Act on Reporting and Using Specified Financial Transaction Information
- Korea’s Real Name Transaction Act Strengthened: Korea’s Banking Law Basics
- Korean Government Official Prosecuted in U.S. for Violation of Korean Law? Application of Korean Law in U.S. Courts