Hana Financial has announced that it will purchase 71% of Broadway National Bank’s holding company. Broadway National Bank is a New York-based bank that tailors its services to Korean clients.
Hana Financial is one of Korea’s largest retail and investment banks. The main purpose of the acquisition is to expand Hana’s retail operations to the U.S. market.
Sean Hayes, IPG’s Co-Chair of the Korea Practice Team, may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com
- Korea’s Woori Bank Lawsuit against Merrill/Bank of America Dismissed
- File Your U.S. Taxes in Korea: Earned Income Tax Exclusion/FBAR
- Korean Currency Control Laws Revised: Korea Won – Yuan
- Korea’s National Trade Commission Awards Damages to Local Company for Damages from Korea-EU FTA
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA) in Korea
- Korean Government Official Prosecuted in U.S. for Violation of Korean Law? Application of Korean Law in U.S. Courts