Hana Financial has announced that it will purchase 71% of Broadway National Bank’s holding company. Broadway National Bank is a New York-based bank that tailors its services to Korean clients.
Hana Financial is one of Korea’s largest retail and investment banks. The main purpose of the acquisition is to expand Hana’s retail operations to the U.S. market.
Sean Hayes, IPG’s Co-Chair of the Korea Practice Team, may be contacted at: [email protected]
- Korean Currency Control Laws Revised: Korea Won – Yuan
- Korean Act on Special Cases Concerning the Establishment and Operation of Internet Banks
- Korea’s Real Name Transaction Act Strengthened: Korea’s Banking Law Basics
- Korea’s Near Export Only Growth: Open the Service Sector
- Merger/Acquisition Opportunities in Korea: Lotte Korea Buys KT Car Rental from KT Corp.
- Witholdings Taxes on Transactions between Korean & Hong Kong Companies
- Restructuring of Korean SMEs a Potential Lucrative Business in Korea
- Proposed Amendment to Real Estate Development Business Act of Korea: Rating of Real Estate Development Projects
- Debt Collection Cases in Korea on the Rise: Buyers and Sellers Beware
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the Week of July 14, 2014