This Week’s Legal News Reported by Media
- Korean Washer Makers Vow Legal Action Against US Duties
- Korean Patent and Trade Mark Filings Increase in Face of Economic Climate
- Korean Giant LG Threatens to Disrupt View of Palisades with Office Tower
- N. Korea Issues Blunt New Threat to US
- Experts Suggest Korea Fortify Economic Ties with China
- Korea Grows Less than Forecast as Won Strengthens
- Korea President’s Brother Gets Two-Year Jail Term for Corruption
- Whirlpool Wins Duties on Washers from Mexico, S. Korea
- Vietnam-S.Korea FTA Talks Forecast to Go Well
- Japanese Leader Not Going to S. Korea for Presidential Inauguration
- Aung San Suu Kyi Leaves for US, S. Korea
- Malaysia-S. Korea Bilateral Trade Upturn
- Taxi Drivers in Korea Threaten to Go on Strike
This Week’s Posts from the Korean Law Blog
- Sean Hayes in the Christian Science Monitor on Korean Adoptions
- Taxis May be on Strike Again and Thus Sean Hayes Will Not be at Work that Day
- Constitutional Court of Korea Declares Real Name Verification Unconstitutional
- Utilization of Accounts in Termination of Employees for Urgent Business Necessity (Urgent Material Need) in Korea
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: [email protected].
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- Material Breach of Contracts Under Korean Law: Primary Obligations vs. Secondary Obligations
- Why we should care about North Korea?: North’s Harsh Reality by Senior Advisor Tom Coyner
- South Korea Begins 7th Round of Negotiations with China on Free Trade Agreement
- Korean Currency Control Laws Revised: Korea Won – Yuan
- Korea’s U-Turn Program: Enticing Korean Companies to Return to Korea – Will it work?
- South Korea to Buy Yuan-Denominated Assets
- The U.S. Military Presence in Korea: New Focus for U.S. Foreign Policy?
- Capturing Chinese Tourist Money in Korea: Retail Opportunities in Korea