I just got my hands on the ABA’s book entitled Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements edited by Michael R. Gray and Natalma M. McKnew.
We work with a number of Korean and Chinese franchisors and I found the book an excellent tool for the tailoring of our franchise agreements to the specific States. The book, also, has decent chapters for Mexico and Canada.
The book aforementioned along with the Franchise Law Compliance Manual and the FTC Franchise Rule are must for all Franchise Law professionals.
These books can be bought via the American Bar Association website at: www.ShopABA.org. Highly recommended Books. The three books will set you back around USD 400 if you are a member of the ABA Forum on Franchise Law.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- Korean Franchise Law Basics: Korea’s Act on Fairness in Franchise Transactions
- Termination of a Franchise Agreement in Korea: Korean Franchise Law Basics
- Registration of a Korean Franchise Disclosure Document under Korea’s Revised Franchise Law
- Changes to Korea’s Franchise Law May Lead to an Increased Potential for Criminal Sanctions: Franchise Law Basics
- Korean Franchise Law Basics for Franchisors
- Injunctions Against your Former Franchisee for Competing Against your New Franchisee: Korean Franchise Law/Injunction Basics