This American Bar Association Forum on Franchising 2013 will be held from October 16-18, 2013 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida. The resort is a few miles from Disney World and the resort is surrounded by great golf courses.
The Forum, as always, will handle American and International issues related to franchising. This year the Forum will, also, have a workshop covering the basics of franchise law for newcomers to franchise law.
The Annual Meeting of the Forum on Franchising is a must for all international franchise professionals and is a great tool for those interested in entering this dynamic area of law.
For more information on the ABA’s Forum on Franchising please visit: www.americanbar.org/groups/franchising.html
Articles on Korean Franchise Law that may be of interest:
- Korean Franchise Law Basics: Korea’s Act on Fairness in Franchise Transactions
- Distribution Agreements are your Friends in Korea
- Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- U.S. Franchise Law: Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements
- Registration of a Korean Franchise Disclosure Document under Korea’s Revised Franchise Law
- Franchising in South Korea: Practical Law’s Franchising Global Guide Korean Chapter by IPG Legal
- Korean Franchise Law Basics for Franchisors Intending to Do Business in Korea
- Korean Franchisors’ Obligations in Korea to File Annual Report to Korean FTC
- Changes to Korea’s Franchise Law May Lead to an Increased Potential for Criminal Sanctions: Franchise Law Basics
- Korean Forum Non-Conveniens Doctrine under Korea’s Private International Law Act
- A “Franchise” Defined under Korean Law: Franchise Law Basics
- Sean Hayes Presentation to Korea Business Forum: The Korean Labour Law v. the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Dispute Resolution Clauses in Franchise, Joint Venture, Partnership Agreements in Korea