Samsung was ranked in Millward Brown’s 2013 BrandZ Top 100 as the 30th most valuable brand USD 21 billion) with Apple ranking in the top spot way ahead of Samsung (USD 185 billion). Samsung brand value, according to the report, increased by over 50% year-on-year with Apple’s brand value increasing by a mere 1%.
The ranking methodology is interesting and may be found at: 2013 BrandZ Top 100 Ranking Method. A great deal of the ranking is via subjective factors that are not easily monetized – however very interesting and I believe this method is as good as it is going to get.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: [email protected]
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- Chinese are Coming: Huawei Phones in Korea?
- SsangYong Motors files for Bankruptcy in Korea
- Google Korea Faces New Lawsuit over Data-sharing Concerns: New Technology Company Challenges in Korea
- Happy Thanksgiving from IPG Legal: Join Us for Thanksgiving
- The Death of Samsung by Tom Coyner
- Sean Hayes ranked a Top 100 Lawyer for his work in South Korea by Asia Business Law Journal.
- Legal Hackers Korea Branch: Join Laywers, Policymakers, Technologists & Academics at Our Meetups
- Korean Law in English Online
- Tax Incentives May Decrease for Foreign Companies doing Business in Korea: Tax Law Updates
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from IPG Legal