Samsung was ranked in Millward Brown’s 2013 BrandZ Top 100 as the 30th most valuable brand USD 21 billion) with Apple ranking in the top spot way ahead of Samsung (USD 185 billion). Samsung brand value, according to the report, increased by over 50% year-on-year with Apple’s brand value increasing by a mere 1%.
The ranking methodology is interesting and may be found at: 2013 BrandZ Top 100 Ranking Method. A great deal of the ranking is via subjective factors that are not easily monetized – however very interesting and I believe this method is as good as it is going to get.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- Korea’s Samsung One of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies: Booz & Co.
- 10 Top Cities in Asia for FDI in 2012- One Korean City on the List
- “Samsung’s First Family Struggles to Keep Grip on Company” Report by Bloomberg
- Samsung’s Shareholdings Explained by Wall Street Journal
- Verdict in latest Samsung/Apple Courtroom Battle
- Samsung Faces Challenges as It Tries to Win Smartphone Wars