Over the next couple of weeks we will be publishing translations of the summaries of the 20 Leading Cases in Korean Entertainment Law. The cases should be useful for entertainment law practitioners and should, also, be useful for those practicing copyright, trademark and general IP law.
Supreme Court Decision 92Da31309 delivered on December 24, 1992 【Objection to Provisional Injunction】
- Korean Business/Service Marks Protection under the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection Act
- The Violation of Right of Publicity in Korea: Badminton Player Park Ju-Bong’s Case
- Definition of Defamation in Korea
- Censorship Prohibited in Korea: Korean Entertainment Law Cases
- Definition of Copyright in Korea: Ideas vs. Expressions: Korean Entertainment Law
- Definition of “Author” under Korean Copyright Act: Entertainment Law Cases in Korea
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- A “Tasty” Exclusive Agent Agreement for Artists & Entertainers in Korea: Entertainment Law Basics in Korea
- Publicity Rights/Portrait Rights in Korea: Entertainment Law Basics in Korea
- Korean Tax Laws on Entertainment Companies in Korea: Overseas Tax Deductions
- English-speaking Korean lawyers and International Lawyers at International Law Firm in Korea discussing issues of Korean Law
- Searching Trademark & Service Marks in Korea: Register your Trademarks/Service Marks Prior to Doing Business in Korea
- Korean Talent can Increase your Brand’s Exposure in the West by Dan Gardner