Over the next couple of weeks we will be publishing translations of the summaries of the 20 Leading Cases in Korean Entertainment Law. The cases should be useful for entertainment law practitioners and should, also, be useful for those practicing copyright, trademark and general IP law.
Supreme Court Decision 92Da31309 delivered on December 24, 1992 【Objection to Provisional Injunction】
- Korean Business/Service Marks Protection under the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection Act
- The Violation of Right of Publicity in Korea: Badminton Player Park Ju-Bong’s Case
- Definition of Defamation in Korea
- Censorship Prohibited in Korea: Korean Entertainment Law Cases
- Definition of Copyright in Korea: Ideas vs. Expressions: Korean Entertainment Law
- Definition of “Author” under Korean Copyright Act: Entertainment Law Cases in Korea
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the only non-Korean to have worked as an attorney for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- “Fair Use” Korean Copyright law
- Korean IP Infringement Jurisdiction Centralized at Five Korean District Courts and the Patent Court of Korea: Korean Intellectual Property Case Updates
- A “Tasty” Exclusive Agent Agreement for Artists & Entertainers in Korea: Entertainment Law Basics in Korea
- What Constitutes an “Employee” under Korean Law?
- Rights Management Services/Agencies in South Korea: Copyright/IP Licensing Societies in Korea
- Is a Bankruptcy in the U.S. “Effective” on Assets in Korea?: Korean Bankruptcy Law Basics
- Jurisdiction and Choice of Law Issues in Agency Agreements
- Korean Act on Special Cases Concerning the Establishment and Operation of Internet Banks
- Trade Dress Law in Korea. The Copycat May Catch the Mouse
- English-Speaking Business Lawyers in Seoul, Korea: Corporate Law & Compliance Team at IPG Legal