The revisions would, inter alia,:
1. Give authority to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (“MLIT”) to select a agency of real estate experts (“Agency of Experts”) to verify private ratings. The specifics of this Agency of Experts scheme would be designated by a President Decree. The purpose of the revision is to have an analysis by a true “neutral.” As in most cases, the devil may be in the details.
2. Officially recognize the practice of the MLIT of delegating responsibilities to local Korean governments. These delegated responsibilities include issuing real estate registration certificates.
We will update the reader if the law passes.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team and Entertainment Law Team at IPG Legal. He is first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- Korean Real Estate Acquisition Taxes for Purchase of Real Estate in Korea
- Can Foreigners Buy Real Property in Korea? Korean Real Estate Law for Non-Korean Residents and Non-Residents
- Korea’s Real Name Transaction Act Strengthened: Korea’s Banking Law Basics
- Renouncing an Estate/Inheritance under Korean Law
- Korea Enhances its Scope of Eligible Persons under the Framework Act on International Development Cooperation: Korean Aide to Developing Countries
- Legal Reserve of Inheritance for an Estate in Korea
- So you Want to Start a Partnership/Joint Venture in Korea?
- Tax Breaks for Korean Landlords: Real Estate Taxation Basics
- Korean Small Business Partnerships/Joint Venture Startups
- Korean Patent Act Development of 2022