The revisions would, inter alia,:
1. Give authority to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (“MLIT”) to select a agency of real estate experts (“Agency of Experts”) to verify private ratings. The specifics of this Agency of Experts scheme would be designated by a President Decree. The purpose of the revision is to have an analysis by a true “neutral.” As in most cases, the devil may be in the details.
2. Officially recognize the practice of the MLIT of delegating responsibilities to local Korean governments. These delegated responsibilities include issuing real estate registration certificates.
We will update the reader if the law passes.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: [email protected]
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team and Entertainment Law Team at IPG Legal. He is first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty.
- Korean Home Prices Too Low? A big NO WAY by Tom Coyner
- English-speaking Korean lawyers and International Lawyers at International Law Firm in Korea discussing issues of Korean Law
- Environmental Impact Statements in Korea: New Korean Environmental Impact Assessment Regime
- Enforceability of Korean Executed Holographic/Handwritten Wills in Korea
- Attaching Assets in Korea: Security on Movable Property and Receivables in Korea
- Korean Tourism Infrastructure Improving: Special Act for the Expansion of Tourism Accommodation
- Renewal Rights/Terms for Commercial Leases in Korea Under Amended Commercial Building Lease Protection Act of Korea
- Korail vs.Lotte: Lesson for Investors in Korea
- The Koreans are Coming: Hana Financial to Acquire Majority Share in U.S. Broadway National Bank
- Korean Trust Act of 1961 Amended