1. The Receiver to submit to the court a Creditor List;
2. For the court to determine that the company’s “going concern” value is greater than the “liquidation” value of the company;
3. The Receiver to submit to the court a Rehabilitation Plan;
4. The Rehabilitation Plan to be approved by 2/3 of the unsecured and 3/4 of the secured claims.
This procedure is similar to Chapter 11 in the United States.
We have a few cases that are proving to be very difficult to obtain approval of both secured and unsecured creditors. Often, the Rehab Plan is, only, approved after litigation, prosecutions and/or one creditor gobbling up a good deal of the other debts. This case will be interesting.
For the purpose of full disclosure we are working on a few cases related to the rehabilitation of construction and other companies. My friend over at the Kimchi Law Blog motivated this post.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: [email protected]
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. He assists clients in their contentious, non-contentious and business developments needs in Korea and China.
- Corporate Bankruptcy/Restructuring in Korea: The Line Begins Here (Korea’s Chapter 7 & 11 Bankruptcy)
- Korean Bankruptcy Court in Seoul, Korea Established
- Guide to Winding-Up/Permanetly Closing a Korea-based Company
- Stock Options in Closed Korean Corporations
- Is a Bankruptcy in the U.S. “Effective” on Assets in Korea?: Korean Bankruptcy Law Basics
- Stock Options in Closed Corporations in Korea
- Credit Rating Agencies in Korea: Due Diligence of Your Supplier, Franchisee, Joint Venture Partner & Distributors
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the Week of July 28, 2014
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the Week of July 21, 2014
- Korean Act on Special Cases Concerning the Establishment and Operation of Internet Banks