Commenced when Apple filed suit against Samsung in February of 2012, this suit saw Apple once again accusing Samsung of patent infringement, claims Samsung “systematically copied Apple’s innovative technology and products, features, and designs, and . . . deluged markets with infringing devices.” Samsung counterclaimed that Apple engaged in patent infringement of its own.
A great article on the matter can be found at Vanity Fair: Apple’s Victory over Samsung is not as Big as it Appears
- The Power of Samsung in Korea: Ways to Protect Your Business From the Powers That Be in Korea
- Apple vs. Samsung: Koreans are Furious at China
- How to Protect your Brands, Trademarks and other IP in the Korean Market in 10 Not So Easy Steps
- Apple Sues Samsung at the Seoul District court for violation of Apple IP
What do you think?
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: [email protected] Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. He has, recently, been ranked as one of only two non-Korean attorneys as a Top Attorney working in Korea by AsiaLaw.
- Apple Infringed Samsung Patents According to U.S. ITC: Standard Essential Patents
- Apple Sued in Korea for Battery Gate
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the Week of June 1, 2014
- Samsung Faces Challenges as It Tries to Win Smartphone Wars
- Samsung Threatens Suit Over Reports of Chairman’s Condition
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the week of May 25, 2014
- Korean Patent Court’s Intellectual Property Infringement Guidelines
- Korean IP Infringement Jurisdiction Centralized at Five Korean District Courts and the Patent Court of Korea: Korean Intellectual Property Case Updates
- Hanwha Korea Loses Battle in New York Court over Forum Non Conveniens Issue
- Licensee has Standing to Challenge the Validity of a Patent in Korea. Korean Licensing & Royalty Law Updates