We have a number of clients visiting us over the next few weeks and many have asked if the MERS situation is serious enough to cancel their planned trips.
Our Firm has no attorney that is seriously concerned about catching MERS. We do, however, take basic precautions such as using hand sanitizers, washing our hands frequently and not touching our faces. Some staff have chosen to wear surgical masks.
I am taking a flight to Hong Kong this weekend and I am, also, not worried about flying.
The Wall Street Journal, quoting the Ministry of Health of Korea, has noted that, only, the seriously ill being treated at hospitals for illness unrelated to MERS have died from MERS: Korea’s MERS Outbreak. This, fact, is the major reason we are not concerned. We, think, we are all healthy.
Please note, we have the same information that you have. We are not experts on this issue and we recommend deciding for yourself if the risk is worth it. We have decided that this is not of a major concern and, thus, we are unwilling to, significantly, change our daily lives.
For us at the Firm we believe the risk of catching MERS is minimal and the risk of dying from MERS is extremely remote. Again, this is our personal understanding/feelings based on the same information that you have access to. Please decide for yourself, using all information and resources you have available.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: [email protected]
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is ranked, for Korea, as one of only two non-Korean lawyers as a Top Attorney by AsiaLaw. Sean profile may be found at: Sean C. Hayes
- The Irish’s Gift to the World by Senior Advisor to IPG: No not Guinness
- Korea National Intelligence Service Caught Spying in Australia: Scooby Doo Where are You?
- Korea Legal News for the Week of April 14
- Sean Hayes ranked a Top 100 Lawyer for his work in South Korea by Asia Business Law Journal.
- Agricultural Business Opportunities in Korea: USD 2 Billion Fund to be Established
- Happy Lunar New Year from IPG Legal!
- Sad News for a Samsung Worker: Chemical Leak at Hwaseong Plant
- Doing Business in Korea: A blog and webroll
- EEOC Complaints in Korea at Yongsan Army Garrison, Camp Humpreys and Area I: EEO Korea Complaints
- Korean Cryptocurrency Case Filed to the Korean Constitutional Court: Korean Bitcoin Updates