Representative Clients & Matters
All of our teams are lead by either retired judges, retired prosecutors or former international law firm attorneys.
- Korean Civil Litigation Team:
- Successful resolution of a Korean Customs and Tax Audit for a major international chemical company.
- Assisted a major international law firm in the resolution of trade dispute concerning the dumping allegations by a Fortune 500 American company against a Fortune 500 Korean company.
- Resolved a dispute between an Austrian automotive parts manufacturer and a leading Korean conglomerate.
- Successful settlement of a USD 28 million breach of contract in Korea against a major Korean conglomerate.
- Successful arbitration award for a subcontractor against a leading Korean general contractor.
- Korean Corporate Law & Compliance Team:
- Successful entry of a Fortune 500 e-commerce site into the Korean market.
- Consulted on licensing, joint venture and regulatory compliance issues for an American real estate developer’s shopping mall joint venture in Korea.
- Due Diligence, drafting of shareholder agreement and the successful completion of the acquisition of a Chinese company by an American fashion brand.
- Successful completion of a merger of a Chinese pharmaceutical company and a Korean medical device company.
- Representation of a leading military defense company in all matters related to business in Korea.
- Korean Criminal Defense Team:
- Pro Bono: Not guilty verdict for an American military officer charged with the crime of rape in Korea.
- Not guilty verdicts for two employees of a major American defense company in a criminal prosecution in Korea.
- Not guilty verdict for an employee of American defense contractor in a sexual assault case in Korea.
- Obtained a suspended jail sentence for an employee of a company convicted of the illegal import of diamonds into the Republic of Korea.
- Not guilty verdict for a president of a company charged with the misappropriation of funds.
- Korean Employment & Labor Law Team:
- Drafted employment agreements, employee handbooks, employment rules and formed a pension and corporate compliance system for a NASDAQ-listed company.
- Oversaw the layoff of 5% of the staff of a manufacturer in China and Korea.
- Prevailed in numerous cases of foreign employees of Korean companies that were wrongfully dismissed from Korean conglomerates.
- Successful dismissal of a senior executive for a leading international oil & gas company.
- Complete restructuring of the HR Compliance System for an international retailer.
- Korean IP Law Team:
- Enforcement and monitoring for trademark infringement throughout Asia for a leading international fashion brand.
- Successful challenge of a registered trademark for an international fashion brand.
- filing of numerous trade marks and patents for clients in collaboration with an affiliated Patent Agent.
- Korean Private Client Team:
- Structuring of a estate for a leading Korean-based entertainer prior to an anticipated divorce.
- Numerous divorce, custody and other private client matters.
- Korean Tax & Customs Team:
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is ranked, for Korea, as one of only two non-Korean lawyers as a Top Attorney by AsiaLaw.
Sean’s profile may be found at: Sean C. Hayes
- IPG’s Representative Clients & Matters
- English-Speaking Criminal Defense Team Lead by Retired Korean Presiding Judge
- About Authors
- IPG’s Sean Hayes Received the Highest Lawyer Rating from AVVO for his Work on International Legal Issues
- About Firm
- English-Speaking Korean Labor & Employment Lawyers in Korea
- Leading Commercial Arbitration Law Firm in Korea
- English-Speaking Business Lawyers in Seoul, Korea: Corporate Law & Compliance Team at IPG Legal
- IPG’s Labor & Employment Law Practice: Proactive, Efficient & Unconflicted
- English-Speaking Arbitration Attorneys in Korea
You must log in to post a comment.