The Korean Legislative Research Institute translated many of Korea’s key pieces of legislation including the Civil Act, Commercial Act, Franchise Act and Criminal Act of Korea into English.
The translations are decent, but far from perfect. Don’t rely on these translations as an authoritative translation of these Korean statutes. Please consult with an attorney prior to relying on these laws.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is ranked, for Korea, as one of only two non-Korean lawyers as a Top Attorney by AsiaLaw.
Sean’s profile may be found at: Sean C. Hayes
- Sanctions for Illegal Fishing Increased in Korea: Korean Environmental Law
- Top 10 Law Firms in Seoul, Korea for English-Speaking Foreigners According to 10 Magazine
- Korean Franchise Law Basics: Korea’s Act on Fairness in Franchise Transactions
- The Korean Law Blog Nominated for Best Law Blog Award
- Export of Korean Nuclear Technology Abroad: Netherlands Inks Deal with Korea for a Reactor Upgrade
- Internship Available at Law Firm in Seoul, Korea
- Establishment of the Korea Law Center at Berkeley Law
- Sean Hayes ranked a Top 100 Lawyer for his work in South Korea by Asia Business Law Journal.
- Tax Incentives May Decrease for Foreign Companies doing Business in Korea: Tax Law Updates
- IPGs New Law Blog the Korean Entertainment Law Blog