The Korean Legislative Research Institute translated many of Korea’s key pieces of legislation including the Civil Act, Commercial Act, Franchise Act and Criminal Act of Korea into English.
The translations are decent, but far from perfect. Don’t rely on these translations as an authoritative translation of these Korean statutes. Please consult with an attorney prior to relying on these laws.
Please find the website, in English, of the Korean Legislative Research Institute HERE.
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: SeanHayes@ipglegal.com.
Sean Hayes is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is ranked, for Korea, as one of only two non-Korean lawyers as a Top Attorney by AsiaLaw.
Sean’s profile may be found at: Sean C. Hayes
- Korean Law in English Online
- Sanctions for Illegal Fishing Increased in Korea: Korean Environmental Law
- Korean Court Upholds Expulsion of Law Student at Judicial Research & Training Institute for Adultery
- Selection of Justices at the Constitutional Court Fundamentally Flawed?
- English-language Patent Filing System in Korea Approved by Supreme Court
- Overview of North Korean Legal System & Law Online
- “Fair Use” Korean Copyright law
- Top Law Firms in Seoul, Korea for English-Speaking Clients According to 10 Magazine
- Korean Government Official Prosecuted in U.S. for Violation of Korean Law? Application of Korean Law in U.S. Courts
- English-Speaking Business Lawyers in Seoul, Korea: Corporate Law & Compliance Team at IPG Legal