Great news for the Korean and Irish Horse Business. The Irish Times reports that Korea is to buy Connemara ponies for use in South Korea.
The articles notes, in part, that:
“As regards South Korea, ITM expects its buyers to be active at the prestigious yearling sales at the end of September. Until now, they have largely restricted themselves to American auctions. It is a belief shared by Pádraic Heanue, manager of the Clifden-based Connemara Pony Sales, which has experienced a surge in Korean interest this year. In February, a delegation including Professor Kim arrived and toured a number of pony breeders before exporting 27 for a Korean breeding programme.
Selected for their temperament and suitability to the Korean landscape, the ponies have surpassed expectations and further purchases are expected in November. “This has kicked off a new venture for Asian countries [and] there have been one or two more inquiries since then,” said Heanue.”
The full article may be found at: South Korea Invests in the Irish Horse Industry
Sean Hayes may be contacted at: [email protected] Sean is co-chair of the Korea Practice Team at IPG Legal. He is the first non-Korean attorney to have worked for the Korean court system (Constitutional Court of Korea) and one of the first non-Koreans to be a regular member of a Korean law faculty. Sean is ranked, for Korea, as one of only two non-Korean lawyers as a Top Attorney by AsiaLaw. Sean is known for his proactive New York-style street-market advice and his aggressive and non-conflicted advocacy. Sean works with some of the leading retired judges, prosecutors and former government officials working in Korea.
Sean’s profile may be found at: Sean C. Hayes
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day from IPG Legal
- Amendment to Korea’s Intellectual Property Registration System: Korea IP Law Updates
- South Korea to Impose Taxes on Cryptocurrency in 2022
- Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays to all our Clients and Friends
- Happy Lunar New Year from IPG Legal
- Export of Korean Nuclear Technology Abroad: Netherlands Inks Deal with Korea for a Reactor Upgrade
- Internship Available at Law Firm in Seoul, Korea
- South Korean Economy May be in a Slow Decline: Sign of M & A Increase in Korea?
- Weekly Korean Legal News from International Law Firm – IPG Legal
- Sean Hayes ranked a Top 100 Lawyer for his work in South Korea by Asia Business Law Journal.