International arbitration between Korean companies and American, Australian, British, Chinese, Indian, German and other nation companies is on the increase. Regrettably, few Korean attorneys are capable of handling international arbitration cases in the English language, because of the lack of experience in complex international arbitration and the lack of adequate English language skills. The reality is Korea has few English-speaking arbitration attorneys capable of handling complex international arbitration matters, thus, many firms have turned to foreign attorneys to fill this glaring gap.
Sean Hayes is the author of the he Korean Law Blog . English-speaking Korean attorneys contribute to this blog. Sean Hayes, his retired Korean judge partner, a senior associate and other international attorneys for IPG are engaged in international arbitration at the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board and other international arbitration board for multinational companies for cases against Korean companies. Clients engaged us for construction, manufacturing, joint venture and other general business matter and for disputes for individuals. Please find a list of some of our most recent work below.
To find out more about what we can do for you, please send us an email or give us a call.
- Successful resolution via Arbitration of a dispute between two multinationals on alleged breaches based on quality and scope of work.
- Successful resolution via Arbitration of a medical malpractice dispute by an individual against a Korean hospital.
- Successful resolution via Arbitration of the dismissal of a senior executive of a leading Korean oil & gas company.
- Successful resolution via Arbitration of a construction dispute by an American construction company against a leading Korean conglomerate.
- Numerous Arbitration at the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board. Including a recent construction variance dispute by an international construction company against a Korean conglomerate concerning work performed by the international construction company in the Middle East.
IPG may be contact at IPG Contact.
Known for his proactive street-smart advice & non-conflicted advocacy, NY Attorney Sean Hayes works with leading retired Korean judges, prosecutors and experienced Korean attorneys in leading contentious and transactional matters in Asia. First non-Korean lawyer employed by the Korean Court System. SeanHayes@ipglegal.com
- English-Speaking Korean Labor & Employment Lawyers in Korea
- Arbitration in Korea under the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board: International Arbitration Rules
- Hiring English-Speaking Korean Labor Lawyers in Korea
- English-Speaking Business Lawyers in Seoul, Korea: Corporate Law & Compliance Team at IPG Legal
- Top 10 Law Firms in Seoul, Korea for English-Speaking Foreigners According to 10 Magazine
- Arbitration against Korean Government Agencies in Korea: Korean Arbitration Law Basics.