Hiring English-Speaking Korean Labor Lawyers in Korea

In most cases involving employment issues concerning foreign language teachers and hagwons (not company executives), Korean labor lawyers may not be a cost-effective means of handling your dispute. Often a Nomusa (노무사) is an adequate means to resolve the dispute with your employer.

A Nomusa is, however, often not adequate for high-net worth individuals, company executives and for complex cases.  These type matters, often, should be filed to a court or shall be, likely, appealed from a Korean Labor Board to a court.  A Nomusa may not handle cases in Korean Courts.  Additionally, often the skills and experience of Korean lawyers are essential in the more complex, unique and many cases concerning foreigners.

Korean Labor Lawyers, English Speaking Korean Labor Lawyers, Korean Labor Labor

Simple, a Nomusa is a licensed labor professional (not a “Labor Lawyer”).

These individuals, often, market themselves as Korean Labor Attorneys, however, this title is not an accurate title for these individuals.  A Nomusa is not an attorney and may only file claims to the Ministry of Employment & Labor/Labor Boards and are unable to take cases to Korean courts.  All determinations by the Ministry of Employment & Labor may be appealed to a Korean Court.

However, a Nomusa is, often, adequate for resolving your dispute with your Hagwon.  However, it is often advisable, prior to hiring a Nomusa, to have a Korean law firm forward a demand letter to the Hagwon. We find, often, a Demand Letter leads to prompt resolution to many matters.  Also, decent law firms can refer you to an adequate Nomusa.

Again, if you are an executive with a Korean conglomerate, a high net-worth individual receiving a salary commensurate with your net worth, a company executive or have a unique matter – it is advisable to bite the bullet and retain a Korean Attorney.

[ABTM id=1137]

Similar Posts:

Leave a Reply