Yes. Some U.S. lawyers in Korea are experienced handling appeals to the Merit System Protection Board (MSPB), grievance under the Negotiated Grievance Procedure and complaints to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Regrettably, only a small group of lawyers in Korea are experienced in U.S. government employment matters for government workers working for the Department of Defense in Korea. Most U.S. lawyers would, only, know where Yongsan is and wouldn’t know Camp Red Cloud from Camp Humphreys.
A great deal of the employment law work, in these matters, are necessary to be performed in Korea when actions of the U.S. government occur in Korea, thus, IPG has developed a team to handle these matters along with our NY-based associated firm.
Typically, it is advisable to hire a U.S. lawyer, in Korea, to handle these matters if an administrative action is necessary. These actions shall occur, in most cases, in Korea and most evidence shall be located in Korea.
The majority of our clients working for the U.S. Military are either facing discrimination, a hostile work environment or have been terminated from employment.
Please contact Sean Hayes for more information.
- Merit System Protection Board Appeal Lawyers in Korea
- EEOC Complaints in Korea at Yongsan Army Garrison, Camp Humpreys and Area I: EEO Korea Complaints
- Filing a Complaint to the Merit System Protection Board from within Korea
- English-Speaking Korean Labor & Employment Lawyers in Korea
- Civil Liability of Companies for Actions of Employees Off the Company Property and After Work Hours
- Increased Scrutiny of Employers by Korean’s Ministry of Employment & Labor under President Moon’s Administration: HR Audit Needed by Korean Employment Lawyers
- IPG’s Labor & Employment Law Practice: Proactive, Efficient & Unconflicted
- Can you Revise Employment Rules in Korea without the Agreement of Employees?
- Doing Business in Korea: The Korea labor market under the Moon administration
- Korean Employment Law & Labor Law amendments under Pres. Moon Administration