Yes. Some U.S. lawyers in Korea are experienced handling appeals to the Merit System Protection Board (MSPB), grievance under the Negotiated Grievance Procedure and complaints to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Regrettably, only a small group of lawyers in Korea are experienced in U.S. government employment matters for government workers working for the Department of Defense in Korea. Most U.S. lawyers would, only, know where Yongsan is and wouldn’t know Camp Red Cloud from Camp Humphreys.
A great deal of the employment law work, in these matters, are necessary to be performed in Korea when actions of the U.S. government occur in Korea, thus, IPG has developed a team to handle these matters along with our NY-based associated firm.
Typically, it is advisable to hire a U.S. lawyer, in Korea, to handle these matters if an administrative action is necessary. These actions shall occur, in most cases, in Korea and most evidence shall be located in Korea.
The majority of our clients working for the U.S. Military are either facing discrimination, a hostile work environment or have been terminated from employment.
Please contact Sean Hayes for more information.
Known for his street-smart advice & proactive advocacy. Sean works with senior retired Korean judges and leading attorneys in contentious and transactional matters. First non-Korean lawyer (NY) to work at Korean Courts and one of the first non-Korean law professors. Rated a top lawyer in Korea by major rating agencies.
- Merit System Protection Board Appeal Lawyers in Korea
- EEOC Complaints in Korea at Yongsan Army Garrison, Camp Humpreys and Area I: EEO Korea Complaints
- The Signs of a Great Criminal Lawyer in Korea | English-Speaking Criminal Defense Lawyers in Seoul
- English-Speaking Korean Labor & Employment Lawyers in Korea
- Required Traits of a Great Criminal Lawyer in Korea: Hiring a Defense Lawyer in South Korea
- Korean Lawyers and Law Firms: One of the Most Comprehensive Lists of Attorneys in South Korea Capable of Handling the Needs of Expat Clients