This is a first in a serious of posts I shall make for those wanting to learn a little about Korean legal terms. I shall try to post a lesson every week. I shall try to make this simple at first. This may be a useful tool, also, for those that are just learning Korean, since I added a few simple sentence. If you can’t read Korean characters – learn. The alphabet is easy to learn and I promise that you shall never be able to pronounce words without learning the Korean alphabet.
Lesson I: Korean for Korean Law
I. Korean Words of the Week
A. Supreme Court: 대법원
B. Constitutional Court: 헌법재판소
C. High Court: 고등법원
D. District Court: 지방법원
E. Administrative Court: 행정법원
F. Family Court: 가정법원
G. Patent Court: 특허법원
E. To Go: 가다
F. To Be : 이다
II. Weekly Korean Sentences
A. I am going to the Supreme Court today.
나는 오늘 대법원에 가요.
B. I went to the Supreme Court yesterday.
나는 어제 대법원에 갔어요.
C. I will go to the Constitutional Court tomorrow.
나는 내일 헌법재판소에 갈 거예요.
D. The Family Court is in SeochoGu.
가정법원은 서초구에 있어요.
E. The Patent Court was in Seoul now it is in Taejon.
특허법원은 서울에 있었지만 지금은 대전에 있어요.
- Lesson I: Korean Legal Terms & Phrases
- Licensee has Standing to Challenge the Validity of a Patent in Korea. Korean Licensing & Royalty Law Updates
- Korean IP Infringement Jurisdiction Centralized at Five Korean District Courts and the Patent Court of Korea: Korean Intellectual Property Case Updates
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the Week of June 1, 2014
- Filing for a Patent in Korea: Basics of Korean Patent Law
- English-language Patent Filing System in Korea Approved by Supreme Court
- Amendment to Korea’s Intellectual Property Registration System: Korea IP Law Updates
- Weekly Korean Legal News from International Law Firm – IPG Legal
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the Week of July 28, 2014
- USPTO & Korean Intellectual Property Office’s New Pilot Program on Classifications of Patents: Korean IP Law Updates
You must log in to post a comment.