An article in USA Today on Casino Gambling in Korea cites The Korean Law Blog and the main author of this blog on Casino Gambling in Korea. The article may be found at: South Korea wants to build casino industry where all are welcome but Koreans.
The article notes, in part, that:
“According to the Korea Center on Gambling Problems, which was established by the government in 2012, the prevalence of gambling addiction is two-to-three times higher in Korea than in other major countries. While it’s unclear how those statistics are compiled, the notion that Koreans are uniquely susceptible to gambling addiction is a widespread social theory that informs the laws surrounding the issue.”
Known for his street-smart advice & proactive advocacy. Sean works with senior retired Korean judges and leading attorneys in contentious and transactional matters. First non-Korean lawyer (NY) to work at Korean Courts and one of the first non-Korean law professors. Rated a top lawyer in Korea by major rating agencies.
- South Korea’s Gambling Law
- The Korean Law Blog Nominated for Best Law Blog Award
- Weekly Korean Legal News From International Law Firm – IPG Legal for the Week of June 9, 2014
- IPGs New Law Blog the Korean Entertainment Law Blog
- English-Speaking Business Lawyers in Seoul, Korea: Corporate Law & Compliance Team at IPG Legal
- The Korean Law Blog cited by the Washington Post on the Freedom of the Press in Korea