IPG’s Criminal Defense Team is lead by a leading Korean criminal defense attorney – retired Judge SJ Kook. Hiring a proactive, connected and respected lawyer in Korea is essential in all criminal matters in Korea. Judge Kook, to date, has earned, for clients, over 60 not guilty verdicts. He works on may Korean criminal matters with Sean Hayes, a retired prosecutor and internationally-experienced Korean attorneys. Judge Kook is a graduate of Seoul National University and Columbia Law School. He retired as a presiding judge. For more info on IPG please see: www.ipglegal.com
IPG’s Representative Criminal Defense Cases:
- Not guilty verdicts for two employees of a major American defense company in a criminal prosecution concerning Korean defense contracts.
- Not guilty verdict for an American military officer charged with a violent crime.
- Not guilty verdict for an employee of an American defense contractor charged with a violent crime.
- Obtained a suspended jail sentence for an employee of a company convicted of the illegal import of a commodity into Korea.
- Not guilty verdict for a president of a company charged with the misappropriation of funds.
- Obtained over 60 not guilty verdicts and numerous suspended jail sentences.
- The Signs of a Great Criminal Lawyer in Korea | English-Speaking Criminal Defense Attorney in Seoul
- English-Speaking Criminal Defense Lawyers in Korea: Defense Lawyers to Hire and Not to Hire?
- Not Guilty Verdict for U.S. Government Employee with U.S. 8th Army: Announcement
- Korea Increases the List of Serious Crimes in the Act on Regulation and Punishment of Criminal Proceeds Concealment
- Confession Prior to Arrest in Korea: Korean Sentencing Law Basics
- Good Criminal Lawyers in Korea Obtain Non-Guilty Verdicts
- Korean Government Official Prosecuted in U.S. for Violation of Korean Law? Application of Korean Law in U.S. Courts
- Korea’s Criminal Procedure Act: Pre-Trial Detention in Korea
- Amendment to the Korean Immigration Act Supports Foreign Children in Cases of Child Abuse
- English-speaking Korean lawyers and International Lawyers at International Law Firm in Korea discussing issues of Korean Law