IPG’s Criminal Defense Team is lead by a leading Korean criminal defense attorney – retired Judge SJ Kook. Hiring a proactive, connected and respected lawyer in Korea is essential in all criminal matters in Korea. Judge Kook, to date, has earned, for clients, over 60 not guilty verdicts. He works on may Korean criminal matters with Sean Hayes, a retired prosecutor and internationally-experienced Korean attorneys. Judge Kook is a graduate of Seoul National University and Columbia Law School. He retired as a presiding judge. For more info on IPG please see: www.ipglegal.com
IPG’s Representative Criminal Defense Cases:
- Not guilty verdicts for two employees of a major American defense company in a criminal prosecution concerning Korean defense contracts.
- Not guilty verdict for an American military officer charged with a violent crime.
- Not guilty verdict for an employee of an American defense contractor charged with a violent crime.
- Obtained a suspended jail sentence for an employee of a company convicted of the illegal import of a commodity into Korea.
- Not guilty verdict for a president of a company charged with the misappropriation of funds.
- Obtained over 60 not guilty verdicts and numerous suspended jail sentences.
- English-Speaking Criminal Defense Team Lead by Retired Korean Presiding Judge
- The Signs of a Great Criminal Lawyer in Korea | English-Speaking Criminal Defense Attorney in Seoul
- Belgian Ambassador’s Wife on Assault Charge: Hiring a Proactive Defense Lawyer in Korea
- English-Speaking Criminal Defense Lawyers in Korea: Defense Lawyers to Hire and Not to Hire?
- IPG Legal Thwarts the Korean Government’s Attempt to Extradite an American Former Service Member to South Korea
- Korean Prosecutors & Police Powers under Amended Criminal Procedure Law
- IPG’s Representative Clients & Matters
- Required Traits of a Great Criminal Lawyer in Korea: Hiring a Defense Lawyer in South Korea
- Not Guilty Verdict for U.S. Government Employee with U.S. 8th Army: Announcement
- Korea Increases the List of Serious Crimes in the Act on Regulation and Punishment of Criminal Proceeds Concealment