South Korean organizations, companies and startups will, likely, in the near future experience a quicker and increasingly more efficient Patent and Intellectual Property Registration System in Korea and internationally based on developments within the IP5.
Top IP officials in Korea are gearing up, in order to help South Korean organizations, companies and startups register their Intellectual Property more efficiently. It seems like the effort is a serious attempt to expedite approvals and lesson application burdens for those doing business in Korea.
IP officials from Korea, the United States, China, Japan and the European Union (a.k.a IP5) recently gathered in Incheon and asserted that they shall utilize A.I. technology and other future advances to improve the worldwide Patent Application System. To accomplish this objective, IP5 consented to organize a research team, containing Patent and IT specialists from these four countries and the EU. This team will start working on an A.I. bot that can speed up the filing process.
As South Korea is the world’s fourth-biggest nation in IP registrations, Korean IP officials wish to play a large role in this research – we expect a result from this research to come out and be implemented over the next couple of years.
The IP5 likewise consented to facilitate access to those looking for Patent Rights registrations in the United States, rather than requiring applicants to hand over technology information themselves, the IP5 officials consented to enable Patent Officials to trade relevant data with each other.
It is, always, wise to speak with an experienced Patent & IP attorney. Especially when branching outside into South Korea – a mindfield of issues exist in Korea.
by IPG’s Legal IP Team
- USPTO & Korean Intellectual Property Office’s New Pilot Program on Classifications of Patents: Korean IP Law Updates
- Korean IP Infringement Jurisdiction Centralized at Five Korean District Courts and the Patent Court of Korea: Korean Intellectual Property Case Updates
- Korean Patent Court’s Intellectual Property Infringement Guidelines
- Basics to Successfully Outsourcing Production of your Product to Korea: Korea OEM Basics
- Korean Intellectual Property Protection Strategies in Korea: Trademark Law Korea
- Licensee has Standing to Challenge the Validity of a Patent in Korea. Korean Licensing & Royalty Law Updates
- Export of Korean Nuclear Technology Abroad: Netherlands Inks Deal with Korea for a Reactor Upgrade
- Establishment of the Korea Law Center at Berkeley Law
- Korea’s Amendment to the Act on the Arrival, Departure, etc. of Ships: Korean Shipping Law
- Amendment to the Korean Foreign Investment Promotion Act 2019 – Investment Incentives in Korea