As a reaction to several accidents in waste storage facilities, the Korean National Assembly passed an an Amendment to the Korean Waste Control Act on March 28, 2019. The amendment puts in place, a more transparent measures and rules for waste-storage facilities.
Major Amendments to the Korean Wastes Control Act
- Set of safety measures for waste-collecting vehicles.
- More specific safety rules for waste-storage facilities.
- Implementation by the Korean Ministry of Environment to conduct an annual safety inspection and survey on waste treatment business facilities.
Violation of Safety Measures as per the Amended Waste Control Act
A violation of these safety regulations can result in a partial or total suspension of the waste business operations of the concerning company. Additionally, shareholders and directors may be criminally punished for up to two years or a fine of up to KRW 20,000,000.
If you are interested in learning more about these laws or opportunities in the Waste Disposal Business in Korea, please schedule a call with an attorney at IPG.
- Korean Waste Control Act Amendments of 2019
- Korea Focuses on Greater Control over Imported Food – Amendment to the Special Act on Imported Food Safety Control 2019
- “Fine Dust” as Socially-Generated Natural Disaster – Amendment to the Framework Act on the Management of Disasters and Safety 2019
- Amendment to Korea’s Occupational Safety and Health Act in 2019
- Korea’s Fairness in Subcontracting Transactions Act Amendments of July 2021
- Korean Tax Law Amendments for Individuals for 2021
- Korea’s Legal Measures to Reduce Fine Dust Pollution
- Korean Corporate Tax Law Amendments for FY 2021
- Korea’s Occupational Safety and Health Act Amendments for 2018 (OSHA Korea Updates)
- Korea Fully Legalizes the Usage of LPG as a Fuel for Vehicular Transportation