I just got my hands on the ABA’s book entitled Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements edited by Michael R. Gray and Natalma M. McKnew.
We work with a number of Korean and Chinese franchisors and I found the book an excellent tool for the tailoring of our franchise agreements to the specific States. The book, also, has decent chapters for Mexico and Canada.
The book aforementioned along with the Franchise Law Compliance Manual and the FTC Franchise Rule are must for all Franchise Law professionals.
These books can be bought via the American Bar Association website at: www.ShopABA.org. Highly recommended Books. The three books will set you back around USD 400 if you are a member of the ABA Forum on Franchise Law. Take a look.
- Privity of Contract in Franchise Agreements in Korea: Korean Franchise Law Updates
- Enforcement of Sales Promotions by Franchisors under Korean Franchise Law
- Korea Licensing Agreements: Licensing of Technology, Trademarks and other IP in Korea
- Enforcement of Covenants Not to Compete in Employment Agreements in Korea: Restrictive Covenants in Korea
- Korea Due Diligence for Joint Ventures, Licensing, OEMs and Buying a Korean Company
- Korean Distribution Agreements: So you Want to Work with a Korean Distributor
- Distribution Agreements in Korea: Crawl before you Walk
- Termination of Commercial Agent/Distribution Agreements in Korea: Korea’s Agent Compensation Rule
- Liquidated (Penalty) Damages Necessary in Most Korean NDA and Non-Compete Agreements
- Wills, Trusts, Pre-Nuptial Agreements, Living Wills, and Power of Attorneys in Korea