I just got my hands on the ABA’s book entitled Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements edited by Michael R. Gray and Natalma M. McKnew.
We work with a number of Korean and Chinese franchisors and I found the book an excellent tool for the tailoring of our franchise agreements to the specific States. The book, also, has decent chapters for Mexico and Canada.
The book aforementioned along with the Franchise Law Compliance Manual and the FTC Franchise Rule are must for all Franchise Law professionals.
These books can be bought via the American Bar Association website at: www.ShopABA.org. Highly recommended Books. The three books will set you back around USD 400 if you are a member of the ABA Forum on Franchise Law. Take a look.
- U.S. Franchise Law: Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements
- Foreign Franchisees Joining the Korean Franchise Association
- Material Omissions in Korean Franchise Disclosure Documents in South Korea
- Privity of Contract in Franchise Agreements in Korea: Korean Franchise Law Updates
- Changes to Korea’s Franchise Law May Lead to an Increased Potential for Criminal Sanctions: Franchise Law Basics
- Termination of a Franchise Agreement in Korea: Korean Franchise Law Basics
- Korean Franchise Law Basics for Franchisors
- Registration of a Korean Franchise Disclosure Document under Korea’s Revised Franchise Law
- Dispute Resolution Clauses in Franchise, Joint Venture, Partnership Agreements in Korea
- A “Franchise” Defined under Korean Law: Franchise Law Basics