On March 8, 2021, Minister Park Beom Kye of the Ministry of Justice made an announcement that the online visit reservation system shall be implemented in all Immigration Offices starting April 1, 2021. We believe this system shall expedite the visa processing system.
According to the Ministry of Justice, this system shall not, only, reduce long lines and waiting time of visitors, it will also ensure proper social distancing in compliance with COVID-19 regulations.
The online visit reservation system shall require visitors to go to this website: www.hikorea.go.kr and reserve a time slot before you can make an in-person visit to the designated Immigration Office. However, civil petitions that require an on-site application, under the law, is not covered by the online visit reservation system.
If you have an Immigration concern in Korea, you may schedule a No-Charge Initial Consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer at: Please Schedule a Call. IPG Legal has, nearly, two decades of experience handling Immigration matters for expats living and working in Korea.
- Online Immigration Visit Reservation System to be Implemented in All Immigration Offices starting April 1, 2021
- Korean Immigration Law: Challenging a Korean Immigration Deportation/Exit Order in Korea
- Immigration updates for Foreigners In Korea: Expiration of Visas
- Amendment to the Korean Immigration Act Supports Foreign Children in Cases of Child Abuse
- Deportation after Criminal Conviction in Korea: Korea Immigration Law Basics
- How to Appeal a Korean Deportation Order or Exit Order?
- Proposed Korean Law Aims to Break In-App Purchase Monopolies of Apple and Google
- Minimum Wage Increased in South Korea for 2021: Employment Law Update
- Exit Ban of Foreigners in Korea for Not Paying Taxes, Custom Duties or Violation of Law: Immigration Law Basics
- Korea Immigration Deportation, Departure/Exit Orders: Immigration Law Basics