Our New York office’s managing partner, Attorney Sean Hayes is representing, pro bono, the family of Carlos Lopez who was killed in 2003 by NYPD. According to the family of Mr. Lopez, NYPD undercover police officers responding to a shooting mistook Mr. Lopez as the perpetrator of the shooting. Witnesses noted that Mr. Lopez was not involved in the shooting, no gun was found on Mr. Lopez, no gun residue was found on Mr. Lopez and Mr. Lopez was not wearing clothes similar to a person fleeing the scene of the crime.
In a News 12 interview, Attorney Hayes confirmed that new evidence was obtained that will prove that Carlos Lopez is innocent and that he was wrongfully killed.
“It was said that someone was fleeing the scene with a black hoodie on, so I think what probably happened here is that police shot the wrong person and had multiple people saying that there was a man leaving the scene with a black hoodie. We don’t have a man that was just shot with a black hoodie and what I think they did… they found a black hoodie. It’s very strange there are no bullet holes,”Sean Hayes
“What we want is an investigation and a full one. Everyone jumped to the belief that Carlos was the perpetrator of the crime. And there’s so much evidence that he’s not the perpetrator but everyone jumped to that,” Attorney Hayes added.
If you would like to watch more of the said interview and read about full news article, please click the link: Brooklyn family calls for justice in slain man’s death after new evidence surfaces.
You may also schedule an Initial Free Consultation with a Lawyer at: Schedule Call with a Lawyer.
- Sean Hayes Interviewed on the Shooting of Carlos Lopez by the NYPD
- Last week’s Recap of the Top Legal Headlines in South Korea for the week of August 2, 2021:
- Last week’s Recap of the Top Legal Headlines in South Korea for the week of August 9, 2021:
- Last week’s Recap of the Top Legal Headlines in South Korea for the week of July 26, 2021:
- International Arbitrations in Korea under the IBA Rules
- IPG’s Sean Hayes Received the Highest Lawyer Rating from AVVO for his Work on International Legal Issues
- Über den Autor: Sean Hayes
- How to Successfully Manufacture OEM in Korea: First Break Products Down to the Threads
- IPG Legal Thwarts the Korean Government’s Attempt to Extradite an American Former Service Member to South Korea
- New Korean Corruption Investigative Unit Established to Investigate High-Ranking Public Officials in Korea