The Korean Franchise Association is an organization that is authorized/licensed by the Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy. All domestic and foreign franchises that have registered Franchise Disclosure Statements with the Korean Fair Trade Commission can apply to the Korean Franchise Association.
IPG Legal believes, most foreign franchisors, should join the Korean Franchise Association. The KFA is an excellent resource for market intelligence and an excellent conduit to understand the unique aspects of the Korean franchise market and Korea’s Franchise Laws. Many clients of IPG joined the KFA and are active members. The resources available at the KFA, in English, are limited, but many individuals involved with the KFA are fluent in English.
Korean Franchise AssociationKorean Franchise Association at: https://www.ifskorea.co.kr/en-us/IFS.html
Korea Franchise Association is the largest franchise economic organization (licensed under the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy, 2013-43). Established in 1998 with 6 national branches and 1 overseas branch in LA and 1,000 members. KFA complies with ethical management principles for win-win cooperation and mutual growth between franchisors and franchisees and aims to mutual increase the welfare and sound development of the franchise industry through educational training, common logistics, training programs etc. KFA’s final goal is to contribute to the improvement of members’ economic position and the balanced development of national economy.
If you would like a consultation with a Korean Franchise Lawyer, please schedule a call at: Schedule a Call with a Korean Franchise Lawyer.
- Foreign Franchisees Joining the Korean Franchise Association
- U.S. Franchise Law: Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements
- New Korean Corruption Investigative Unit Established to Investigate High-Ranking Public Officials in Korea
- Last week’s Recap of the Top Legal Headlines in South Korea for the week of August 9, 2021:
- Last week’s Recap of the Top Legal Headlines in South Korea for the week of August 2, 2021:
- Korean Tax Law Amendments for Individuals for 2021
- International Arbitrations in Korea under the IBA Rules
- Korean Prosecutors & Police Powers under Amended Criminal Procedure Law
- Last week’s Recap of the Top Legal Headlines in South Korea for the week of July 26, 2021:
- Material Omissions in Korean Franchise Disclosure Documents in South Korea