Article 5 of the Presidential Decree of the Securities Transaction Tax Law of Korea was amended to lower taxes on stock transactions. The amendment came into effect on January 1, 2023.
* agriculture and fishery tax of 0.15%
For a consultation with an attorney or our in-house CPA, schedule a call with IPG Legal. Please note, that we have an affiliated tax accountant and CPA that files taxes for foreign businesses, foreign employees, and entrepreneurs. Please note your specific need when scheduling a call and we shall get the right person on the line for your call with us. For information on Korea’s Flat Tax please see: Korean Flat-Tax for 2023.
- Korean Securities Transaction Taxes
- Korean Corporate Tax Rate
- Korean Flat-Tax Rate for Foreign Workers in Korea
- Korean Tax Law Amendment Press Release by Korean Government
- Can a Foreign Company be Deemed a Domestic Company for Tax Purposes and Taxed on Worldwide Income?
- Korean Real Estate Acquisition Taxes for Purchase of Real Estate in Korea
- Korean Tax Risk of Foreign Corporation Deemed “Actual Business Management Locale” within Korea: Korea Tax Law Basics
- Korean National Pension Contributions and Tax Deductions for Freelancers and Expats Residing in Korea
- Filing your U.S. Taxes as an Expat in Korea: Foreign Earned Income Tax Exclusion
- Korean National Tax Service Tax Law News Release to Foreign Corporate Taxpayers: Korean Tax Law Updates