Our Globally-Experienced — Locally-Connected English-speaking Korean attorneys and professionals at SJ Law Firm, Int’l Practice Group (IPG Legal) are proud to be ranked by two leading publications as a top Dispute Resolution Law Firm for 2019-2020. Our attorneys are often rated Top Attorneys by leading legal rating publications.
IPG professionals love to work on the most complicated and contentious legal issues in Korea and enjoy providing proactive and efficient street-smart advice for our clients.
IPG Legal is known for providing efficient, proactive and non-conflicted representation to clients in contentious and non-contentious matters. Clients and international law firms often turn to IPG after discovering Korean law firm realities and the need for agree
Our Firm and its Korean and international lawyers have been recognized by leading legal rating agencies because of our strong local connections, a cutting-edge case management system and real on-the-ground international legal experience coupled with a fierce passion for success.
Numerous international legal rating services have recognized our attorneys as leading attorneys in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Entertainment Law, Franchise Law and Criminal Defense Law. We work with leading retried judges, prosecutors, government officials and ex-international law firm lawyers and corporate counsel to provide effective and efficient legal solutions. We have, recently, been ranked a top Dispute Resolution Law Firm.
- Antitrust, Competition & FTC
- Arbitration, Int’l & Domestic
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Corporate Law & Compliance
- Employment, Labor & Compensation
- Entertainment, Media & Sport
- Estate Law & Family Asset Protection
- Family Law (Divorce &Custody)
- Franchising & Distribution
- International Trade
- Intellectual Property
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Clients (Family Law, Inheritance, Estate & Asset Protection)
- SMEs & Growing Enterprises
- Technology & New Tech Companies
- Real Estate
- Retail, Consumer & Online
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Tax & Customs Team
REPRESENTATIVE CASES OF
SJ LAW FIRM, INT’L PRACTICE GROUP (IPG LEGAL)
- Arbitration: International Arbitration between an international construction company and a Korean conglomerate.
- Arbitration: International Arbitration between multinational defense contractor for work performed in U.S. military installations in Korea.
- Administrative Law/Commercial Litigation: Successful resolution of a Korean Customs and Tax Audit for a leading international chemical company.
- Commercial Litigation/Franchise Law: Successful resolution of a dispute between a F & B Franchise and a Korean franchisee.
- Commercial Litigation/IP Law: Enforcement and monitoring of trademarks for numerous clients.
- Commercial Litigation/Localization of Foreign Judgment: Localization and enforcement of an eight-figure commercial debt in Korea.
- Corporate Law: Successful entry of a leading e-commerce site into the Korean market.
- Corporate Law: Successful entry of defense, manufacturing, technology, new tech and fintech companies into the Korean market.
- Corporate Law/Market Entry: Successful entry of a leading e-commerce site into the Korean market.
- Corporate Law/IP: Consultation services related to licensing, joint ventures and regulatory compliance issues for an American real estate developer’s shopping mall projects in Korea.
- Criminal Defense: Not guilty verdict for the president of a major foreign defense company.
- Criminal Defense: Over 50 not guilty verdicts.
- Distribution/Corporate Law: Drafting of agency and distribution agreements for leading multinational corporations doing business in Korea, China and North America.
- Distribution/Corporate Law: Successful termination of a multi-year exclusive distributor agreement without compensation to the distributor for termination for a major international technology company.
- Employment Law: Complete restructuring of the HR compliance for an international retailer.
- Employment Law: Numerous successful terminations of employees of companies.
- Employment Law: Drafting of employment rules, employment agreements and compliance handbooks for companies doing business in Korea.
- Estate & Probate Law: Protection of assets of individuals and disclaimer of estates.
- Franchise Law: Registration of a leading New York bakery franchise in Korea.
- Franchise Law: Registration of a leading international educational franchise in Korea.
- General Practice: Numerous estate, family, general civil law and criminal law services for individuals.
- IP Law: Successful challenge of a registered trademark for an international fashion brand.
- Labor Law: Successful challenge of the termination of an expat executive of a leading Korean conglomerate.
- Tax Law: Successful challenge to a large portion of a tax imposition by the Korean National Tax Service against a defense company.
- Tax Law/Corporate Law: Review, yearly, of the end-of-year tax audit and closing statement for clients.
- Trade Law: Local counsel for a leading international law firm’s Fortune 500 client in a trade dispute leading to a tariff on the products of a local Korean conglomerate.
Top 100 Lawyers, Asia Business Law Journal
Korea’s Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year, Corp. Intl.
Who’s Who in Franchise Law.
Who’s Who in the World.
Excellent Rating (10/10), AVVO.
Best Advice Blog, K-Blog Awards.
Top 25 International Law Blog, LexisNexis.
Top Blogs, AVVO’s Listing of Blogs.
Who’s Who in Entertainment Law.
To contact us please: Schedule a Call
SJ Law Firm
Int’l Practice Group (IPG Legal)