Our Globally-Experienced — Locally-Connected English-speaking Korean and international attorneys, accountants and other professionals are proud to be ranked by two leading publications as a top Dispute Resolution Law Firm. Our attorneys are often rated Top Attorneys by leading legal rating publications.
The Korean Law Blog Author Sean Hayes’ profile can be found at: Sean Hayes
Our professionals love to work on the most complex and contentious legal issues in Korea and enjoy providing proactive and efficient street-smart advice for our clients.
IPG Legal is known for its strong commitment to client service and its ability to provide practical, effective solutions to complex legal issues domestically in Korea and internationally across Asia and North America. The firm’s attorneys are fluent in English, Chinese, Tagalog and Korean, and are well-versed in both Western, Asian and the Korean legal systems.
IPG Legal is a respected international law firm with offices in Korea with a reputation for providing high-quality legal services to a diverse range of clients. Here are some additional information about IPG Legal:
- IPG Legal is a full-service law firm that provides legal services in various areas of law, including corporate law, intellectual property law, international trade law, labor law, and dispute resolution.
- The firm was founded in 2007.
- IPG Legal represents a broad range of clients, including multinational corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises, start-ups, entrepreneurs, and individuals.
- IPG Legal has a strong track record in helping foreign businesses navigate the legal and regulatory landscape in Korea, including advising on market entry, investment, and M&A transactions.
- The firm’s attorneys are fluent in English and Korean and have experience working with clients from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- IPG Legal has received recognition and awards for its legal services, including being ranked as a leading law firm in Korea by Chambers and Partners, a prominent legal ranking organization.
Our legal and business professionals are known for providing efficient, proactive and non-conflicted representation to clients in contentious and non-contentious matters. Clients and international law firms often turn to us after discovering Korean law firm realities and the need for aggressive and non-conflicted advocacy and advice in Korean legal matters.
Our Firm and its Korean and international lawyers have been recognized by leading legal rating agencies because of our strong local connections, a cutting-edge case management system and real on-the-ground international legal experience coupled with a fierce passion for success. We are proud to be Locally Connected & Globally Experienced seasoned lawyers, former retired judges, and former in house attorneys.
Numerous international legal rating services have recognized our attorneys as leading attorneys in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Entertainment Law, Franchise Law and Criminal Defense Law. We work with leading retried judges, prosecutors, government officials and ex-international law firm lawyers and corporate counsel to provide effective and efficient legal solutions. We have, recently, been ranked a top Dispute Resolution Law Firm.
We handle cases at all major courts and adminstrative bodies in Korea including the Seoul Family Court, District Courts, High Courts, the Supreme Court of Korea, the Constitutional Court of Korea. We, also, handle EEO and US. Merit Systems Protection Board Cases through an associated firm. We are retained by individuals and companies for matters in China, Hong Kong, throughout Southeast Asia and in North America.
- Antitrust, Competition & FTC
- Arbitration, Int’l & Domestic
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Corporate Law & Compliance
- Employment, Labor & Compensation
- Entertainment, Media & Sport
- Estate Law & Family Asset Protection
- Family Law (Divorce &Custody)
- Franchising & Distribution
- International Trade
- Intellectual Property
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Clients (Family Law, Inheritance, Estate & Asset Protection)
- SMEs & Growing Enterprises
- Technology & New Tech Companies
- Real Estate
- Retail, Consumer & Online
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Tax & Customs Team
- Abduction: Widely publicized case involving the abduction of a child by the Korean mother under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
- Arbitration: International Arbitration between an international construction company and a Korean conglomerate.
- Arbitration: International Arbitration between multinational defense contractor for work performed in U.S. military installations in Korea.
- Administrative Law/Commercial Litigation: Successful resolution of a Korean Customs and Tax Audit for a leading international chemical company.
- Civil Litigation Against Korean Police: Widely publicized case concerning the shooting with a handgun of a retired American soldier by a Korean police officer.
- Commercial Litigation/Franchise Law: Successful resolution of a dispute between a F & B Franchise and a Korean franchisee.
- Commercial Litigation/IP Law: Enforcement and monitoring of trademarks for numerous clients.
- Commercial Litigation/Localization of Foreign Judgment: Localization and enforcement of an eight-figure commercial debt in Korea.
- Corporate Law: Successful entry of a leading e-commerce site into the Korean market.
- Corporate Law: Successful entry of defense, manufacturing, technology, new tech and fintech companies into the Korean market.
- Corporate Law/Market Entry: Successful entry of a leading e-commerce site into the Korean market.
- Corporate Law/IP: Consultation services related to licensing, joint ventures and regulatory compliance issues for an American real estate developer’s shopping mall projects in Korea.
- Criminal Defense: Not guilty verdict for the president of a major foreign defense company.
- Criminal Defense: Over 50 not guilty verdicts.
- Distribution/Corporate Law: Drafting of agency and distribution agreements for leading multinational corporations doing business in Korea, China and North America.
- Distribution/Corporate Law: Successful termination of a multi-year exclusive distributor agreement without compensation to the distributor for termination for a major international technology company.
- Employment Law: Complete restructuring of the HR compliance for an international retailer.
- Employment Law: Numerous successful terminations of employees of companies.
- Employment Law: Drafting of employment rules, employment agreements and compliance handbooks for companies doing business in Korea.
- Estate & Probate Law: Protection of assets of individuals and disclaimer of estates.
- Franchise Law: Registration of a leading New York bakery franchise in Korea.
- Franchise Law: Registration of a leading international educational franchise in Korea.
- General Practice: Numerous estate, family, general civil law and criminal law services for individuals.
- IP Law: Successful challenge of a registered trademark for an international fashion brand.
- Labor Law: Successful challenge of the termination of an expat executive of a leading Korean conglomerate.
- Tax Law: Successful challenge to a large portion of a tax imposition by the Korean National Tax Service against a defense company.
- Tax Law/Corporate Law: Review, yearly, of the end-of-year tax audit and closing statement for clients.
- Trade Law: Local counsel for a leading international law firm’s Fortune 500 client in a trade dispute leading to a tariff on the products of a local Korean conglomerate.
Top 100 Lawyers, Asia Business Law Journal
Korea’s Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year, Corp. Intl.
Who’s Who in Franchise Law.
Who’s Who in the World.
Excellent Rating (10/10), AVVO.
Best Advice Blog, K-Blog Awards.
Top 25 International Law Blog, LexisNexis.
Top Blogs, AVVO’s Listing of Blogs.
Who’s Who in Entertainment Law.
To contact us please: Schedule a Call with an Attorney in Korea